Bbq Pizza Oven

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winkle

Teach a man to fish and play golf, and you'll neve
Reaction score
Was down at the local Hardly Normals and they had one of these Beefeater Pizza Ovens on display. pizza

The display unit was brushed stainless, hence my immediate attraction - pricing seems ok-ish, is anyone using one?

Was down at the local Hardly Normals and they had one of these Beefeater Pizza Ovens on display. pizza

The display unit was brushed stainless, hence my immediate attraction - pricing seems ok-ish, is anyone using one?

if you alread have a hooded BBQ do as i do.

- buy 1 sandstone paver from bunnings (6 bucks)
- turn on all burners with the stone on your grill side so it gets more directed heat
- close lid
- wait until the stone gets to 250 deg and turn off the burners below it (leving the sid burners on full)
- dump your pizza on, close the lid and cook for 10-15 mins
- serve

to make more pizzas, repeat from step 2.

investment cost - 6 bucks!

^ Thats awesome!

But is there any way to get the flavour of a woodfired pizza using that method? Add a chip of smoking wood onto the hotplate perhaps?

if you alread have a hooded BBQ do as i do.

- buy 1 sandstone paver from bunnings (6 bucks)
- turn on all burners with the stone on your grill side so it gets more directed heat
- close lid
- wait until the stone gets to 250 deg and turn off the burners below it (leving the sid burners on full)
- dump your pizza on, close the lid and cook for 10-15 mins
- serve

to make more pizzas, repeat from step 2.

investment cost - 6 bucks!

I'm with you, but this thing was stainless steel :icon_drool2: .

I'm with you, but this thing was stainless steel :icon_drool2: .

thats even more of a reason to just use a hooded bbq. If it aint clay. might aswell stick with the bbq!

My brother bought one of these a couple of weeks ago and loves it!!! # pizzas at a time, easy to use, easy to clean and easy to fire up.

http://patiogear.com.au/_product_45530/Gas..._-_Black_Enamel

another site with a little more info.

http://www.sitro.com.au/sub_categories/7/products/14

On a similar note my wife bought me one of these for Christmas
http://www.pizzaque.com.au/
At first I was bit sceptical but it actually cooks a pretty good pizza, the biggest drawback is that you can only cook one pizza at a time and due to its shape freeform / rectangular pizza's come out the are best. I did a spatchcocked chicken in it the other night and put some wood pellets in a smoker box in which worked pretty well but I have never bothered when making pizza's.

I reckon you could probably knock up something similar out of a "keg shaped object" for a lot less but I am happy at the moment until we get a new house and I build a real oven.

Latest posts

Back