Basic Ag Questions?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
having big trouble finding a boiling pot (30 or 32 litres). anyone know a good source for those?

commercially they are $200-$400 plus for a stainless steel one, and i don't want to be paying that!! i have looked in army disposal stores etc also... no luck. i'll be trying the swapmeets next. any other ideas appreciated

Wardy,
I had a similar problem until I finally met a bloke who knows a bloke with access to 50L kegs ;) - a quick conversion later and I'm one step closer to AG!!

And who said commercial breweries are good for nothing :D

I'm not sure what the situation in Melb is but I suggest you try scrap yards etc... you might get lucky.

Wardy, I got a 50L aluminium pot from an auction $30 for a restaraunt that was closing down. Also got a 20L urn for $15. Auctions can be handy.

Wardy

Boots has a contact in the catering Business - he can get you 4mm or 5mm aluminium cooking pots - 40, 50 or 60 ltr - i would go for the 60ltr one - brand new $80.00.

SS 70 ltr is around the 240.00 mark.

Check out st pats web site - here is the web site - these kettles look the ggods...
http://www.stpats.com/pots.htm#winekettles

Boots and I are looking at doing an order that you can add to...

St pats will only deliver international orders over 300.00.

thanks GMK, i might just do that. St Pats have some great stuff, and i certainly want the CF wort chiller. As soon as they open up that store in california i will be fine. We import equipment from CA every second week, so i would be able to get it delivered to my manufacturer and shipped out with my next order. maybe i can then return the favour.

Wardy

I would be happy to wait until that happens - however, according to their web site, i think taht has all ready happened....

If you can tee it up...we can do orders that come in under the 250.00 Aus..... Especially since the Aussie dollor just hit 80 US cents.

I also want some liquid yeasts from Grain & Grape so might be be able to get you to add then into the package when you on send the stuff from Melb.

Hows that sound...

Wardy,

I'm in the final stages (building my manifold and immersion chiller this weekend or next if my pay doesn't come through :angry: ) of setting up my AG gear and got my boiler through my friendly local publican. I just asked him one arvo over a few beers whether the brewery accounted for all his empty kegs and he said no, they just grab whatever is there and if I wanted one I could have it. Got a big CUB keg from him, had a mate cut the top out and hey presto, free 50 litre boiler. If your US connections don't work out or you run out of money it is worth a try.

Shawn.

running out of money is the more likely scenario Gough!! i will try my local as you mentioned.

GMK, i will check on the Ca warehouse, they said June 2004, they might be ahead of schedule...

Latest posts

Back