Bargain Stainless Steel Stock Pots?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philski

Reaction score
OK, so I think I may have stumbled across a massive bargain...

A 71L stainless steel stock pot for under $80NZ!!!! That's $NZ so it's even cheaper for us and it looks like they can ship 3 to Australia for $59.

HERE

Not entirely sure of the details eg wall thickness etc, base material and so on. But I have emailed them for details. It does say "thickness 0.5mm" which doesn't sound right.

Has anyone had any experience with this seller? Could this be too good to be true???!!

They also have 100L versions.

That does seem like a really nice price. However, for that price I doubt they are the highest quality pots. But it def. is a inexpensive way to go about larger batches.

If you were going all electric, like I am, they may last a long time with no direct heating.

.5mm,sounds right for that price.can they make them that thin?

Good till the arse falls out of it with 50L of boiling wort covering you in blisters...

0.5mm is soooooooo bloody thin!

If you wanted to make a big insulated mash tun you could get the 70L and 100L versions and have the 70L sit inside the 100L with insulation between them.

If you did it nice enough it'd be a pretty good cheap big mash tun I reckon.

Surely even 0.5mm SS is good enough for a mash tun wall. Beats plastic.

I know it's double the price but i would buy this one from Ross, I don't have one personally but have heard they are good value for money.

Latest posts

Back