Barfridge Planning To Invade Sa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barfridge

Small fridge, powerful thirst
Reaction score
I just scored a work junket to sunny Adelaide, for training porpoises or something. I managed to get it for a Thu/Fri, and tack on the weekend.

So that means I'll be in Adelaide on August 10th - 13th. Can anyone suggest anything interesting to do for Friday and Saturday night? It would be nice to finally meet all these strange people who keep talking bollocks on the internet.

oops: the SA in the title should be in capitals. Apologies

EDIT: I have had to change plans, and I'm asking for the meet/dinner/pissup to be put off until Saturday night, not Friday as originally planned. Soo my recent post for more details.

Spent 6 months in Whyalla for my work sins - I went to Deadalaide once - Had a fantastic meal at a restaurant whose name escapes me. Smoked some cuban cigars at a bar called Cuba (strangely) - then walked down Rundle St dodging hillbillies fighting each other ending up at Crazy Horse.

Had a blast - who said it was the "city of vegetables" :huh: - you will enjoy it.

RM

A few of us mentioned tonight that it was about time we all dropped into the German Club again, what say you chaps?

A meet up at the german club for dinner and beer sounds awesome to me, count me in. :super:

Boozed, broozed and broken boned.
Jayse

BF...

Do you think you can bring some beers from the International Beer Shop over with you - for some of us Adelaideons.

Maybe pick up a couple of those Erdinger Packs with the World Cup Glass - should be on special now taht the world cup is over.

:)

mmm...German club, sounds great.

No worries Ken, just place your order :)

You can even order via the net, and tell them I'll come in and it pick up, that would save me turning up and the beers not being in stock etc.

Does the German club do a cherry kriek? Cos Barf loves to knock that stuff down by the pint glass. Make sure they get some in for him if you can.

BF...

Do you think you can bring some beers from the International Beer Shop over with you - for some of us Adelaideons.

Maybe pick up a couple of those Erdinger Packs with the World Cup Glass - should be on special now taht the world cup is over.

:)

Funny as all freaking hell :lol: GMK always wants something... cant just sit back and say barfs coming sounds like a good nite...nope...what can I get out of it is the first thing on his mind. :lol: :eek:

Does the German club do a cherry kriek? Cos Barf loves to knock that stuff down by the pint glass. Make sure they get some in for him if you can.

No kriek there..... but a few drunken foot steps up the road after the mighty fine pork knuckle for dinner to the belgian cafe and kriek on tap.

:super:
Jayse

I think the Saturday is almost certainly out for me, the Friday, however looks most attractive. :super: :beer:

Always wanted to see how I stack up next to this other diminutively nomenclatured zymologist :blink: .

Don't worry barf, I'll sneak you one of my recent tripels, then you can speak as funny as me :eek:

As jayse says, no kriek at the German club :(
But he is right, it is only a short stagger and stumble to the Belgian Beer Cafe :)
as I am sure deebee can remember :D

we look after you sandgropers when you come over to croweater land

Thanks for bringing back the painful memories GL, remind me to 'accidentally' drop white hot rocks on you. And it wasn't a pint, but a whole bloody stein :unsure: It's amazing how a red beer can make you go so green.

wee_stu: I look forward to tasting the tripel. I should visit family one night, or perhaps just during the day on Saturday, it's all yet to be decided.

Looks like barfridge has beaten me to the punch but if the shindig is at the german club then at least they should have 1L steins. I believe that is his preferred vessel for imbibing vast quantities of Kriek :p :p :p :p

May i suggest you head for the hills.(Grumpys-mandatory on a visit)
and then maybe sneak barf into a visit to the Wheatie.He will love the girls ;) and the beer.
You will have a great time with the Adelaide brewcrew barf

Cheers
Big D

That itinerary sounds familiar...

German Club for various cuts of swine served with crispy fried mashed potato and fermented cabbage all swilled down with malty euro lagers. :beer:

Then the Belgian Beer Cafe to empty the last remnants of your wallet to the fascinating rhetoric of Pedro and Jayse fighting over what beers Gulf should make. :beer:

Then Grumpys the next day. :beer:

I'll put my hand up as a definite possibility for a friday night at the Germ. Club. Gotta love the good value on beers there.

I'll be working in the city then so will be too easy :)

Well, how about we make it the friday then? I'm up for that. Dinner at the german club then onto the belgian to destroy decorum and dollars.

Whaddya reckon, barf?

then onto the belgian to destroy decorum and dollars.

And glasses, don't forget the traditional destruction of the glasswear.
Or does that come under the general heading of decorum.

Or, was that the wheaty???? :ph34r: :unsure:

The Fri sounds good to me. Count me in.

BYO cactus of course

I have to double check with work people, but I think Friday should be good. They're taking me out Thursday night, so Friday should be free.

Let's pencil it in, and I'll make a call and let you know if things change.

Latest posts

Back