Barfridge Planning To Invade Sa

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will try and make it too been a while since i have had dab on tap
but then u cant go past bitburger for cheap swill and the wheatie is ok find the fad bar to try gulf beer

We had an excellent suggestion today at a small brewer's gathering, why not start at the wheatsheaf after work then the german club for dinner and a nightcap at the belgian?

The wheaty is only a short detour from town, but my liver might have just run screaming in terror at the thought. I think it's hiding behind the cactus in the beer garden :ph34r:

Sounds like a bloody good idea to me. Including the Wheatie is a master stroke. I'm certainly in for that one. Maybe a quiet Saturday at Grumpy's like last time too?

Perhaps not so quiet as last time, good idea though if barf is up for it/conscious.

Ok, here's an update:
- Friday night is go go go!
- Is there a chance of borrowing sombody's couch for Friday or Saturday night? I'll compensate in beer, amusing company and whatever else I can do (no, I won't do that!)
- Saturday at Grumpy's sounds wonderful

If anyone wants anything from the International Beer Shop, just let me know as I'm heading there in the next few days.

Ok, here's an update:
- Friday night is go go go!
- Is there a chance of borrowing sombody's couch for Friday or Saturday night? I'll compensate in beer, amusing company and whatever else I can do (no, I won't do that!)
- Saturday at Grumpy's sounds wonderful

If anyone wants anything from the International Beer Shop, just let me know as I'm heading there in the next few days.

We are in the midst of a room reorganisation right now which may result in, at last, a a spare room for visitors.

Failing that we have ample floor space and luxurious camp mattresses. Whatever happens, I am sure the brewers of South Oz will be most hospitable.

As for the IBS, if they have Bitter and Twisted form Harviestoun Brewery or, Skull Splitter wee heavy I would be a very happy, short, rotund, brewer :D

Stu: You're a gentleman and a scholar. I really appreciate the offer, and I'll try my hardest to find some nice beers to bring over for you.

Stu: You're a gentleman and a scholar.

:blink:

You haven't met him before, have you?

Oh my head!!!
I hope I haven't made any foolish, drunken commitments over the internet again :ph34r:

Only trouble with the spare room now is finding the bed for all the beer that's stored in there now.

Hi everybody,
I have a bit of a favour to ask...

I have an aunt who is in pallative care, with not long left until the end. My parents and brother are flying into Adelaide early next week, and leaving Saturday morning (12th August).

So I'm asking if we can push back the festivities until Saturday night, so I can spend a little time with the family? Sorry for the late notice, it wasn't exactly included in the game plan. :(

Stu,

I have 5 berth Caravan( one Double and 3 single beds) i can bring down if u need some extra room for BF and his brothers...

Just let me know...

Thanks for the offer GMK, but I dont think it will be necessary. I'll stay with the family on Friday night, and just crash with Stu on Saturday, if that's still ok with him.

Thanks for the offer GMK, but I dont think it will be necessary. I'll stay with the family on Friday night, and just crash with Stu on Saturday, if that's still ok with him.

I think we may have run into a bit of a problem with the change in nights. My 11 year old daughter has already organised a sleepover at our place with some of her girlfriends for that night. Can somebody else please put up their hand for a needy brewer?

Sorry to hear about the family news barf. As in all things though, family comes first.

Best wishes,
stu

I would offer a few feet of floor space barf, but I am a little too far out of town.

Is everyone good for a saturday night on the tiles? We could just spend it at the wheaty if flitting into and around town is too much effort.

I should be able to make it for Saturday night. See if I can get my leaave pass updated.

What is the Itinery for Sat Night...

I'm afraid i won't be able to make saturday. We've had a horrendous run of health in the family so a saturday night leave pass would be out of the question at the moment. Sorry.

Hope you have a good one Barf, and that everything goes as well as possible with your family.

Ok, just a quick update.

I have been offered a place to stay with family. They are at Christies Beach, which is a long way south from what I remember. Is there any public transport down that way?

Where is the wheaty? Can somebody offer to be point of contact for a poor lost tourist? My mobile number is 042 112 0592.

So...just name a time, place, bus route, landmark etc, and I'll be there (eventually).

Ok, just a quick update.

I have been offered a place to stay with family. They are at Christies Beach, which is a long way south from what I remember. Is there any public transport down that way?

Where is the wheaty? Can somebody offer to be point of contact for a poor lost tourist? My mobile number is 042 112 0592.

So...just name a time, place, bus route, landmark etc, and I'll be there (eventually).

barfridge, alas, I am away from home for work but I live in that area. Your best bet to get to the Wheatie would be catching the train from Norlunga Centre into the city. From there a taxi ride would be $15.00(approx.) to the Wheatie.

Train timetable here: http://www.adelaidemetro.com.au/routes/tim...a_SATttable.pdf

The Wheatsheaf Hotel
39 George Street
Thebarton

Or maybe one of the kind brewers in Adelaide could pick you up from Adelaide Railway Station :ph34r:

Good luck

C&B
TDA

Back