Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might be in this. A few others might lije brendo and maple.

I might be being this weekend

That's for people with beerds.

I stop now.

'Being' is for all entities who are aware of their own presence within a temporal now-ness, do not deny that to people with beards only...

To the non-Manticles: please come across/up (across longitudinally, up latidunally) and say gday!!! I am the only shithead, the rest of the BAR are normal!

:lol: Aaaaahhhhh (pun acknowledged :lol: :icon_chickcheers: ).

Shoosh! The grown ups are talking!

1 Wakkatoo Probably something Belgian
2 Kleiny (have to think about it)
3 Lecterfan - something continental...much like my philosophy I grow weary of the Americans and the English...it will be German (wheat) or Belgian.
4 Herbo - Oatmeal Stout Joking... will work something out later
5 Mesa99 - Erm.. Let me think about that one.
6 Manticle: Unlbended 2 month old gueze, corona clone, Gose or berliner weisse
7 Vitalstatistix: Australian Lager
8 Iamozziyob: Tripel
9 Beastie ?????

Just tried malting my own grain, so might make it up as I go along.

3 Lecterfan - something continental...much like my philosophy I grow weary of the Americans and the English...it will be German (wheat) or Belgian.
9 Beastie ?????
10Vic45 Cascadian Dark Ale

We are going to need to extend to 15 at least, there is still a few regulars to come.

Herbo, I had nightmares about oatmeal stout last night, I'm sure I am not alone. Thank you very much!

Just to add - I dobbed iamozzy and vitalstats in - they may actually not be available or wish to come but not swap so don't count them (or myself) as confirmed yet. Had a great time at Lecters last time though so I'm keen to try.

I am sure we can accommodate whoever confirms as a starter no sweat.

We'll make something work Manticle - probably me and 3 others is pushing it a bit with my gorgeous gf driving us out and back, but me and 2 others would be easy done...(unless you want to put yourselves in the capable hands of Vic45 haha)..yob's had a go, see if Vital wants to have a crack maybe (in the short term yob!!!)?

VIC45: cascadian dark ale hey??? Nice.

.(unless you want to put yourselves in the capable hands of Vic45 haha)

There will be plenty of dry places to sleep is the weather is rough and the locals here have agreed not to shoot at strangers that weekend so you are quite safe.

That goes for you too Richy.

Continuing a topic of discussion (tips cap in direction of Lecterfan) from our Sunday meetup in Creswick, the next BAR mini swap will be in a couple of months time at a venue yet to be decided.

For this swap, you need to choose a style of beer you have never brewed before, give it a crack and swap it with the other participants. We will keep the number to 12 swappers maximum as that seems the easiest.
So to join in the swap, cut and paste the list below and add your details. Oh, anyone is welcome so long you can get your beers to/from the swap.

# Name Style

So where in North east Vic are you? seeing that you are making the trip down.? I am also from N E

There will be plenty of dry places to sleep is the weather is rough and the locals here have agreed not to shoot at strangers that weekend so you are quite safe.

That goes for you too Richy.

Even if I harass the neighbour's chickens???

I'll keep that in mind but my awesome GF is happy to do an 11pm pickup at Garibaldi....we'll see what happens with the out of towners hey?

or is your profile incorrect?

Chillax on the combative tone dude :beer: , he is nohwere near as "NE Vic" as you are (in my books anyway) so if you want to take that into account re attendance then that's fine, but Wakka hosted the last meeting and it was sweet!

It would definitely be a huge hike for your good self but as Vic45 says there's going to be plenty of room to unroll the swag!

At the end of the day it's all about arguing talking about beer and the methods by which we produce it hee hee (some people are just more right than others haha!).

Rogginfugginroll...

or is your profile incorrect?

Fair call. Although I hadn't looked at it in a while, it used to say From: NE Vic and Lives: Creswick. It would appear the 'lives' bit no longer exists.
Technically correct still tho. I am 'from' there, Benalla in fact. Spent 10 years in and around wodonga as well. Just don't live there anymore. Anyhoo - I fixed it for your benefit ;)

Moving on: looks like a good turnout already. See how we go with numbers - from reading thru a couple may not yet know they are a part of it yet! Nice to see the BAR events attracting interest out of the local area too. Works well with our club motto of 'world domination' :ph34r:

I'll be there on April 28 - will ask for a patch of dirt for the swag/tent.

didn't mean for it to be a combative tone :lol: just thought if someone from up here was going then carpooling would be the way to go, but only realised that it is way to much of a hike for me. So instead might try and organise something of the like up here... but enjoy your swap some of the best beers are made by trying new things and the hardest part is trying to replicate those good brews again ;) :beerbang:

Cambrew: All good! Obviously just my (mis)interpretation of the tone (I shall refrain from a psychoanalytic, or even Derridian, critique of what that potential reveals about me).

might try and organise something of the like up here... :beerbang:

That's the way to do it! Keep pushing and pushing, same with the Tassie guys and the WA guys, you just push and push and eventually if you set a date and a place the ball starts rolling (mostly watching the threads where people try to get something started the only thing holding them all back is someone willing to set a concrete time and date...from there on you just have to keep the momentum up :icon_cheers: ).

Of course it's harder when it's only 4-5 people spread over a couple of hundred kms...

9 Beastie ?????
11 pommie_granite - 'tis the Saison

8 Iamozziyob: Tripel :p American Amber ?
9 Beastie ?????

8 Iamozziyob: Tripel :p American Amber ?
9 Beastie ?????
12Muscovy: Siason or wheat thingo tbc..

It is my birthday eve....hopefully i can share it with complete strangers!

Latest posts

Back