Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're different.

mmyummy: ????

You: ?????

Like the difference between xxx and xxxx

I might knock out a heavily hopped batch of ??!!!!

I might knock out a heavily hopped batch of ??!!!!

Wiked!

Thats my fave.

Tasted my first AG Saison this evening after 2 weeks conditioning.

I'm after some feedback on it, so it is on the list...should be ready for appraisel by 28th.

Might try to do my first wheat thingo for the swap as well.

1 Wakkatoo Probably something Belgian
2 Kleiny Little Sumpin Sumpin (Hoppy Wheat) hopefully as long as i actually brew a beer soon.
3 Lecterfan - ****changed due to stocks******** - Brown Porter, Rye something or a Harvest APA with homegrown columbus and cascade (not new but meh)
4 Herbo - Oatmeal Stout Joking... will work something out later
5 Mesa99 - Erm.. Let me think about that one.
6 Manticle: Unlbended 2 month old gueze, corona clone, Gose or berliner weisse
7 Vitalstatistix: Australian Lager
8 Iamozziyob: DSGA?
9 Beastie ?????
10 Vic45 Cascadian Dark Ale
11 pommie_granite - 'tis the Saison
12 Muscovy: Siason or wheat thingo tbc..
13 bullsneck - American Wheat
14 mmmyummybeer - ????
15 Vic13

I will be there not sure what to make yet but I will keep in touch. and just for vic45 i will be bringing my case swap snoring machine !!

2 Kleiny Little Sumpin Sumpin (Hoppy Wheat) hopefully as long as i actually brew a beer soon.
3 Lecterfan - ****changed due to stocks******** - Brown Porter, Rye something or a Harvest APA with homegrown columbus and cascade (not new but meh)
9 Beastie ?????
13 bullsneck - Bohemian Dunkel
14 mmmyummybeer - ????
15 Vic13

Updating my beer...

They're different.

mmyummy: ????

You: ?????

Like the difference between xxx and xxxx
No, its just a difference in dialect, we are both spelling it as we pronounce it, its still the same style.
Where as lecters is totally different.

Dearest Manticle et al.,

I am probably (hopefully) going to stay the night out at Vic45's so please factor that into your plans...I can easily take a few out and then back to my place the next day, but at this stage I'll just be swagging it up in Garibaldi...

R.

9 Beastie ?????
14 mmmyummybeer - Raspberry Redundancy, and or DCM Choc Orange Porter(ie. Don't Come Monday)
15 Vic13

Updating my beer..

Brewing today for case swap :D . Brewing a porter base then going to split into two halves with one going onto Raspberries and the other one a choc orange porter. Was wondering if you can bring half raspberry and half the choc orange ie 10 people will get the choc orange and 10 people get the raspberry, the beer base is the same just different fruit. Never done a fruit beer so thought I would have some fun.
As for the names well after recent announcements looks like my job may be made redundant so thought might add it into my beers names. Won't know for a while yet but at the moment its looking like I may have some spare brewing time after all that is until we find more work.

oh ps pretty sure no one else will be brewing those names anyway. :p

3 Lecterfan - a medium dark ale that snubs its nose at styles and categories but that aims to taste nice and provide a smooth alcoholic kick.
9 Beastie ?????
14 mmmyummybeer - Raspberry Redundancy, and or DCM Choc Orange Porter
15 Vic13

Updating my beer...also...

10 and 10 sounds fine myb (too many letters ion your name haha), you will probably find that even though it's been opened up the numbers have probably peaked and quite possibly not everyone will be able to come anyway.

I'm looking forward to this one, I am drinking heaps less now I'm back at Uni and should have quite a few different beverages for people to taste.

3 Lecterfan - a medium dark ale that snubs its nose at styles and categories but that aims to taste nice and provide a smooth alcoholic kick.
9 Beastie ?????
12 Muscovy: American Honey Wheat Ale (travelling nicely in the fermenter)
15 Vic13

Updating... for the time being

bit :icon_offtopic: but ran across this

LINKY

Bit pricey too for my taste but thought someone may be interested.

Yob

[edit] If I bring a keg of naturally carbed something something, will there be a spare line I can hook it to? just a thought as it was a pita last time cleaning all those bottles with a hangover :rolleyes:

[edit] If I bring a keg of naturally carbed something something, will there be a spare line I can hook it to? just a thought as it was a pita last time cleaning all those bottles with a hangover :rolleyes:

I've have a spare line for everyone to share, but there will be 3 (at least) beer engines and a few picnic taps, so you are well covered :beer:

Hopefully brewing my swap on the weekend.

hopefully getting mine in too, looking forward to it, though it must be said im thinking of dropping as a swapper... Ive got a garage half full of swapsies due to an numbers error in December and am struggeling to dink my way out of it :lol:

help me Im drowning in swap beers :D

I'll help you with any good ones.

Matter of fact there were quite a few good ones in that swap. I'll be helping vitalstatistix with his this Sat so I'm sure I could lend a hand your way.

Still not sure what to brew for this one.

An imperial something will probably need too long to age, a gose won't be to most people's tastes, the unblended 2 month lambic was a (hopefully obvious) joke.

Maybe a mild or a UK brown. Or a US stout or a black IPA/IBA but I'm not really a fan of the style.

Brown or mild seems like the go.

Or corona. From a mexican cerveza tin. Supply your own lemons.

@lecter - I had figured if we do end up coming up, that we'd crash wherever we were swapping. Considering last time I finally crawled into bed around 4.30 (well next to bed considering some thieving English ******* stole mine) I don't expect people to patiently wait around for manticle to stop crapping on about waffles and needing more beer so they can drive him a few kms east/west/wherever.

there will be plenty of willing boots to wake you again :p

mmmm... ballarat meat pie and cofee, breakfast of champions :lol:

happy to organise the drive again with the {ed} city folk

Beer changed as i brewed today, see how it goes, and i might want a spot on a hand pump if its good.

2 Kleiny Maentime IPA inspired english IPA
9 Beastie ?????
15 Vic13

4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
9 Beastie ?????
15 Vic13

Update on style, I think I'll brew a German Wheat adaptation. May change though depending on spare time available (limited at the moment but hoping to free some up soon).

4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
9 Beastie ?????
15 Vic13

Just removed my and Vitalstatistix's name from the swap.

There is a massive likelihood that we will be coming up and I for one will bring plenty of beer - just not sure I can commit to brewing and swapping something I haven't brewed before between now and whenever it needs to be ready.

If that changes, I'll add myself back in.

Just removed my and Vitalstatistix's name from the swap.

There is a massive likelihood that we will be coming up and I for one will bring plenty of beer - just not sure I can commit to brewing and swapping something I haven't brewed before between now and whenever it needs to be ready.

If that changes, I'll add myself back in.

Well, if you can still make an appearance that would be great - it kills a few birds with one stone in some respects (although we can still aim for the semester break!). I have a half decent "Lecterfan darkish Farmhouse Ale" that I'd be keen for you to taste and comment on (and Wakka also with his love and knowledge of the Belgian stuff, and of course the Warrnambool contingent). I'll also have some reddish beers that I need a few of the crew to taste...

I'm even toying with the idea of smashing out another Rye beer for Pommiegranite's approval! (Don;t know what to do though...maybe a RyePA as they call it).

This will be a great night, a chill Autumn evening with great beer and a really decent pakkacunce to talk to and have a laugh with. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back