Bar Swap: '1st Time For Everything'

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great night fellas, was a heap of fun.

Things I've learnt:
1. Vic13 makes a mean pizza
2. The beers were outstanding, I think everybody is stepping it up a notch
3. People are willing to travel long distances to these get togethers, we appreciate the effort!
4. Vic45 knows how to put on a good night!
5. Muscovy ducks are the 'mead' of the bird world with throbbing red knobs (apparently!)
6. Mesa99 won't return my messages ;-)

Things I haven't learnt:
1. Where muscovy's username came from. And just what was he doing with those ducks on a dark and stormy night???

Till the next one fella's

Might be my swap line, i wasnt there, hope somebody gathered me some beers.

I will pick em up from either lecter or wakka's just let me know where.

My beer against all protocol has no marks on the bottle at all, but is a Meantime IPA inspired beer, that you can drink now or wait a week or 2 for it to mature a bit

Hope the night was a blast
Kleiny

Might be my swap line, i wasnt there, hope somebody gathered me some beers.

I will pick em up from either lecter or wakka's just let me know where.

My beer against all protocol has no marks on the bottle at all, but is a Meantime IPA inspired beer, that you can drink now or wait a week or 2 for it to mature a bit

Hope the night was a blast
Kleiny

No chief, I boxed yours up and brought them home with me. We very sensibly did that side of things before the serious business started. I spread the excess of your beers between Vic45 and the not-present Mesa99.

For concise records I am updating the details of my contribution;

1 Wakkatoo: English something or another. Might play around with some dry hopping.
2 Kleiny Maentime IPA inspired english IPA
3 Lecterfan - a medium dark ale that snubs its nose at styles and categories but that aims to taste nice and provide a smooth alcoholic kick.
4 Herbo - Dunkelweizen
6 Beastie ?????
7 Vic45 Cascadian Dark Ale
8 pommie_granite - 'tis the Saison
9 Muscovy: Vienna Ale (Only been bottled for a couple of weeks) French Saison (using 3724, ready to go, but better if it has had some time to warm up)
11 mmmyummybeer - Raspberry Redundancy, and or DCM Choc Orange Porter
12 Vic13

Great night fellas, was a heap of fun.

Things I've learnt:
1. Vic13 makes a mean pizza
2. The beers were outstanding, I think everybody is stepping it up a notch
3. People are willing to travel long distances to these get togethers, we appreciate the effort!
4. Vic45 knows how to put on a good night!
5. Muscovy ducks are the 'mead' of the bird world with throbbing red knobs (apparently!)
6. Mesa99 won't return my messages ;-)

Things I haven't learnt:
1. Where muscovy's username came from. And just what was he doing with those ducks on a dark and stormy night???

Till the next one fella's

Fellas, thanks for a great night. I'll finish the 'story of how muscovy became' next time. It's a great story, you really should hear it sometime.

Beers were fantastic, hospitality exceptional, converstation invaluable, Lecterfans jokes.....room for improvement!

Big thanks to Vic45..

will have to let us know when you get that car in the shed out.. :icon_drool2:

Great night, Great beers.. the list goes on

:icon_chickcheers:

oh yeah.. Happy Birthday Muscovy

I don't feel ashamed to say I had pizza and freaky saison dreams last night - it was a good dream.

Absolutely massive props to Vic45 for the excellent meet last night.

All the great people, good food and fantastic beers were extremely worth the trip out - next time I'll make sleeping arrangements so I can sample much more of the great beverages on offer.

I will definitely be back for the next one - wherever that may be.

Hope to catch up with some of you cool cats again at the Vic July swap/meet.

Big thanks to Vic45..

will have to let us know when you get that car in the shed out.. :icon_drool2:

Great night, Great beers.. the list goes on

:icon_chickcheers:

oh yeah.. Happy Birthday Muscovy

Thanks Yob,

glad to hear you made it home safe and sound.

Looking forward to hearing how the MT build goes...( I think you said something about that or maybe i was having a Saison, pizza and yob dream as well while i stewed in my swag juices)

Righto, I'm breaking the silence.

#2 Kleiny's Maentime IPA inspired english IPA

Aroma: Slight ripe banana on first sniff (can't put my finger on the hop aroma..but i'm a novice for this style)
Appearance: cloudy/golden straw, pours and holds a good head with lacing
Taste: Good IPA bitterness, earthy/resin/mild hop spice, oh so slight residual sweetness, notable alcohol
Palate: medium length with carrying bitterness
Overall: True to style in my limited experiencemore than happy to have another!

For the record.
The Vienna Ale i entered in the swap is ready to drink. I tried a new carbonation method, and is carbing up a little higher than i would have liked. Rip into it and let me know what you think...

Yep dont think i managed to hit the mark with this, it is really nice out of the keg now so maybe a couple more weeks in the bottle.

The banana aroma should not be there and is a yeast management problem. (when i getsome space and time im going to clean up my yeast side of the process).

Scary that a 7% is easy to drink i wrote myself off before i noticed the other evening.

Cheers
Kleiny

Did Lecterfan try and replicate what an authentic Roman orgy would be like again, wearing only his socks and using the contents of the fruit bowl for illustrative purposes?

No Roman orgies, Manticle.... (should I feel let down now?)

Though, I believe he sparked off a fairly intense conversation centering around the ideal frequency of bowel movements per day. Apparently 3 is the golden number according to Lecterfan and a couple of others.

^ :lol:

Mens health was a big issue for at least 20 minutes. I must admit, amongst the 'regular' faces the talk was less about beer than perhaps the newcomers should/could expect.

Yep dont think i managed to hit the mark with this, it is really nice out of the keg now so maybe a couple more weeks in the bottle.

The banana aroma should not be there and is a yeast management problem. (when i getsome space and time im going to clean up my yeast side of the process).

Scary that a 7% is easy to drink i wrote myself off before i noticed the other evening.

Cheers
Kleiny

I was definitely a bit chirpy after a couple of glasses Klieny.

I dont normally go for IPA's so my feedback is very subjective for the style.

Hop flowers or pellets? The reason i asked is because i recently dry hopped with some fresh home grown flowers and had a very similar result for aroma.

#4 Herbo Dunkelweizen
Aroma: I wish I could describe it slight alcohol and has something in common with a Peninsula shiraz.
Appearance: first glass was crystal clear, magic deep brown with a red hue, pours a head which dissipates fairly quickly.
Taste: I swear there is a cherry/fruit note to it WTF
Palate: short/thin
Overall: Really interesting beer, great to taste something so different to what Im used too.

#4 Herbo Dunkelweizen
Aroma: I wish I could describe it slight alcohol and has something in common with a Peninsula shiraz.
Appearance: first glass was crystal clear, magic deep brown with a red hue, pours a head which dissipates fairly quickly.
Taste: I swear there is a cherry/fruit note to it WTF
Palate: short/thin
Overall: Really interesting beer, great to taste something so different to what Im used too.

Nice feedback Muscovy, thanks. I haven't opened one of these myself yet so will revist your notes when I do.

I haven't got to any of the swap beers as yet. Need to set aside some time for this important task!

Latest posts

Back