Bar Keepers Friend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good old Aldi once again coming up with the occasional little gem for home brewers. In todays catalogue but not yet on their website.
On sale from Saturday 7th Sept.
Bar Keepers Friend. 737g/340g soft cleanser or cleanser & polish. $6.99 each.
I think the dry polish is the stuff the US forum users go for, great for cleaning/repassivating stainless steel.

Happy fathers day to all.

razz said:
Good old Aldi once again coming up with the occasional little gem for home brewers. In todays catalogue but not yet on their website.
I think the dry polish is the stuff the US forum users go for, great for cleaning/repassivating stainless steel.

I noticed that in the latest catalogue as well, I'll stop by and grab one. I don't think they'll be a big sell-out item so no need to be there on the day.

Batz

razz said:

Any know if Aldi ever restocked Bar Keepers Friend, after it was pulled when they recalled it?

Why was it pulled? I haven't seen any thing about its unavailability? Was it a batch problem or more serious?

zoigl said:
Why was it pulled? I haven't seen any thing about its unavailability? Was it a batch problem or more serious?
I looked into this. There was no problem with the product itself. The issue was a combination of labelling, a particular ingredient in the product itself that raised some issue with Australian regulations, and with Aldi being a national chain, the product was pulled based on the checks the consultants that overlook the products they offer.

Great product, I buy by the case lot over the net. Fantastic on copper. Thanks for the feedback,

Found that local coles to me have tins on a spot in the cleaning isle,no affiliation etc but missed out when it was at aldi.Spotted it wednesday night and grabbed a tin,the dry one not the paste,Rob.

Back