Bakers Flour

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tend to use the Kialla organic flours. www.kiallafoods.com.au

1,2,5 and 20 kg bags.

Good high protein flours and organic too. Makes lovely bread.

Cheers
Dave

Nice find Airgead....I like Laucke because they are still family owned..

I can get Kialla in Bellingen, and they have Spelt wheat, so looking at giving theirs a go :super:

Nice find Airgead....I like Laucke because they are still family owned..

I can get Kialla in Bellingen, and they have Spelt wheat, so looking at giving theirs a go :super:

I love their spelt. Use it all the time.

I have their unbleacched white, wholemeal and spelt. For rye I use demeter mills (or something like that). I don't think kialla do a rye.

Cheers
Dave

How does Spelt go...never tried it...but want to...

have read that you need to alter your technique with it...

How does Spelt go...never tried it...but want to...

have read that you need to alter your technique with it...

I tend to use it in combination with regular flour. Generally up to 40% or so. For those proportions I just use my regular technique. I imagine that if you used 100% spelt you would need to change things as its much lower in gluten.

Up to 40% seems to work really well and gives a lovely flavour. Hard to describe... Kind of wheatier than wheat and slightly nutty.

Cheers
Dave

I would like to try a nice dark rye bread...If I could get the flour

I would like to try a nice dark rye bread...If I could get the flour

The rye flour I get is by this mob - http://www.demeterfarmmill.com.au/ not much of a website but there is a contact email address.

The usual 1, 2 and 5kg bags. All organic. Makes a nice rye bread. To make a dark rye bread you increase the proportion of rye in the mix. I usually throw in some carraway seeds as well.

Cheers
Dave

Latest posts

Back