Bairds Malts In Beersmith

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zephon

Reaction score
Hi All,

Does anyone have a Beersmith file for the Bairds range of malts?

I tried a search but had no joy. Lots of people asking a year or more back but no replies.

I'd have a go at adding them myself but the names of the malts sold at my LHBS don't all match up to those on the Bairds website.

So, can anyone help?

Cant help on the Bairds, but I generally hit the website of the supplier to check the colour, then manually input the info into my inventory file in Beersmith.

I dont tend to input much detail of each grain though - usually just cost, colour and name... :ph34r:

I just use an available alternative in BeerSmith. My procedure is probably not precise enough to worry too much about recipe formulation precision, and I don't think there are too many glaring differences between the products of different companies (this may be incorrect... ?)

As long as I get the same ingredients next time, any errors are systematic, and can be accounted for.

This may be of use: Site Linky

That's the site I was looking at, at first I couldn't find all the malts but looking closer it looks like they are all there between the "Brewing Malts" and "Roasted Malts" pages. They don't provide all the information Beersmith takes but I guess I'll take Quantum's advice and fill in the blanks from the Beersmith generic options.

[quote post='557613' date='Nov 23 2009, 01:06 PM']I just use an available alternative in BeerSmith. My procedure is probably not precise enough to worry too much about recipe formulation precision, and I don't think there are too many glaring differences between the products of different companies (this may be incorrect... ?)

As long as I get the same ingredients next time, any errors are systematic, and can be accounted for.[/quote]

That makes sense, I'm just trying to take as many variables as possible out of the process. Did two brews on the weekend both of which resulted in atrocious efficiency of < 60% but I'm pretty sure that was to do with my sparging technique (long story - hopefully fixed).

If the differences between companies are not significant then I won't worry so much about trying to be precise in Beersmith.

Back