Bad Brewing Ingredient Combos

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally my palate hasnt got any time for citrussy(cascade,etc) and dark grains in stouts and porters.but obviously they work for some brewers and drinkers. Manticle, your comments on flavour and cooking are SPOT ON! People should take notice of this. :chug:

quote - Classic combinations, whether in cooking or brewing are the best way to learn about flavour combos. When you really know your stuff you realise that the coffee/choc characteristic of wattleseed might sit superbly with bacon in a dish, or a touch of cinammon might lift a pork dish or the citrus nature of target might fit well into an APA (only some examples pulled from my arse) but you get to know that by brewing an english style with target or cooking desserts with cinammon and apples.

shit, i hope your right about the target in an apa cos the other day i accidently dry hopped an apa with target when i meant to use amarillo (yes i was pissed, again B) ). filtered it today so will find out soon :D

cheers
matt

An amber ale with citrus hops. I've done it twice now and it's totally out of character.

Latest posts

Back