Back to the fold

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgriffin

Reaction score
Well. in 2008 I sold all my AG gear on AHB. I was unhealthy and overweight, going through a "divorce" and decided that having hundreds of litres of beer on tap was just not going to lead to a better lifestyle so I sold it all and gave up brewing.
(The Big Sale In Brisbane | Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum (aussiehomebrewer.com) )

But, a decade later, i've decided it's time to come back into the fold. How things have changed!

I remember the availability of turn-key AG setups was still novel and they cost a fortune. Now I see setups like the Grainfather and go "yeah that would be easy". Heck it even seems CO2 is easy to get without the extortionate BOC yearly cylinder rentals.

More research before I lay down much cash, but thought I'd drop a hello before starting to ask dumb questions again on the forum.

Welcome back JG. Things have certainly become easier for the home brewer!

Well. in 2008 I sold all my AG gear on AHB. I was unhealthy and overweight, going through a "divorce" and decided that having hundreds of litres of beer on tap was just not going to lead to a better lifestyle so I sold it all and gave up brewing.
(The Big Sale In Brisbane | Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum (aussiehomebrewer.com) )

But, a decade later, i've decided it's time to come back into the fold. How things have changed!

I remember the availability of turn-key AG setups was still novel and they cost a fortune. Now I see setups like the Grainfather and go "yeah that would be easy". Heck it even seems CO2 is easy to get without the extortionate BOC yearly cylinder rentals.

More research before I lay down much cash, but thought I'd drop a hello before starting to ask dumb questions again on the forum.
Things have changed! from using an old crab pot and a recycled esky to a Guten. BIAB has revolutionised home brewing!

6Kg of co2 cost bugger all - to think I used to use an old fire extinguisher.

Even an STC1000 is sub $20

Having said that, even after AG brewing for almost 20 years, Im just doing my first proper lager!

Welcome back!

Fester

Latest posts

Back