Bacchus at SCBW

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ross

CraftBrewer
Reaction score
Beer Lovers...

We are pleased to announce we'll be partaking in the Sydney Craft Beer Week (SCBW) festivities starting this Saturday.
I'll be in Sydney from Sat & flying back out on Wednesday, so look forward to catching up with our many CraftBrewer customers & introducing our Bacchus Brewing Co beers...

Brewed exclusively for the launch of Sydney Good Beer Week, our Hatchet Harry Cock Ale is a bigger, black version (measuring in at 9.3%) of our award winning Cock Ale “Big Red” (see descriptor below). It’s named after the infamous Hatchet Harry from the movie “Lock Stock & 2 Smokin Barrels” who reported killed one of his victims by bludgeoning him to death with large black rubber cock. I'll be personally serving this at the launch party (FREE EVENT) on Saturday at the Vic Hotel Enmore from 11.00am. We only have 1 keg, so get in early if you want to try it.

Big Red (6.2%) Cock Ale, created from an ancient beer recipe (circa 1500’s) from the obscure text below, discovered in the Scottish Highlands...
"Take 10 gallons of ale and a large cock, the older the better; parboil the cock, flay him, and stamp him in a stone mortar until his bones are broken (you must gut him when you flay him). Then, put the cock into two quarts of sack, and put to it five pounds of raisins of the sun - stoned; some blades of mace, and a few cloves. Put all these into a canvas bag, and a little before you find the ale has been working, put the bag and ale together in vessel. In a week or nine days bottle it up, fill the bottle just above the neck and give it the same time to ripen as other ale."
All natural ingredients: Contains Water, Barley, Port, Hops, Chicken, Spices & Yeast.

++++

On Sunday I'll be at the "Beer Mimics Food" event (FREE EVENT) at the Welcome Hotel, Rozelle, where we'll be showcasing our attempt at recreating celebrity Chef Ben O'Donoghue's signature Sticky Rib dish with our "Baby Bender's Sticky Rib Red Ale"

++++

...& all week we have a Bacchus tap take over pouring at the Quarrymans Hotel, Pyrmont, showcasing some of our unique beers. As an added bonus from Monday they'll be running 6 course feasts matched to our beers, I'll be in attendance Mon/Tues so please support the events & I'll see you there....

Cheers Ross

bacchus-quarrymans.jpg

Awww, I was supposed to be down for a buck's party this weekend and planned on checking out some of the SCBW stuff, but the party got cancelled at the last minute
Would have loved to have come along, hope it all goes well!

Gryphon Brewing said:
To far for me but the beer sounds interesting.
We have 18 different beers heading to the Monk's Kitchen during Fremantle GBW, next month so maybe see you there....

The launch party was a full on day. Great to catch up with so many people. Hopefully see some more of you at the Welcome Hotel today....

No set date yet but we are planning another tap takeover at The Alehouse

Sitting at Qyarryman's in Pyrmont right now enjoying a Big Red ;-)

Our 6 course feast is at the Quarrymans tonight. I've just tasted all the dishes with the head chef alongside our beers (hard job I know) & he's done an amazing job.
There's a few seats left, so jump online & book if you fancy a night of great food & beer...

Cheers Ross

Pity you guys were not invited to the Palm Cove Food Festival. It looks like the only beer presence is James Squire and Blue Sky.

I was looking forward to tasting something different. Might have to hit Beach Almond for some tasty seafood. 25-27th Oct 13

http://www.tourismpalmcove.com/reef-feast

Latest posts

Back