Babbs January Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was looking for candles the other week I found six bottles of Aussie Sparkling in a wardrobe from July. I entered one in the minicomp for comments only and it scored 37 :p :p :p

well... this one just got promoted to my first beer for this evening... i hope i give it a 37 too :)

Results of the January Pale ale and bitters competition are as follows due to Ross pulling his beers from the comp on a technicality (which may or may not come up for discussion at a future meeting)

1st place Dave Clarke, Aussie Pale Ale 42pts

2nd place Nick Barnes, Blonde ale 39.5 pts

3rd place Chris Ossowski, English Bitter 37 pts

4th place Michaek McShanag, ESB 36 pts

5th place Angus Rich, Aussie Pale Ale 35 pts

Congrats to Visitor Branton O'Leary with 40 pts for an English Bitter, better get that membership form filled out Branton.

A reminder there is no comp in february, with an american ales comp in march

cheers

Browndog

Thanks Tony. Yep, I already put my membership form in on the night. Now, time to get to work on an APA.

Hey guys,

what was the Mash Paddle style announced?

- Snow.
Pumpkin Beer......

Any beer style, Any ABV%, Any brewing technique and addition of pumpkin at any stage from the beginning of your brew day until the beer is packaged.

The only thing we ask you not to do is put loose pumpkin pulp in the kettle. You can still do kettle additions, just not loose.

The beer will be brewed commercially and we don't want to block up their pipes etc....

Oh yeah. and the beer must include some pumpkin (raw, cooked, canned, extract, essence, seeds or all of these).

You can go for the traditional American holiday beer (Spiced like a Pumpkin Pie) or invent something new.

Like an Imperial triple raspberry chocolate pumpkin sherbet lime latte. :rolleyes:

I wonder if the winner ferments in a pumpkin how the commercial brewery will cope??? :ph34r:

That's a big pumpkin.

Good luck everyone and enjoy.

The entries for the Mash Paddle (2 per entrant max) need to be brought along to the April Meeting to be sent outside the club for Judging.

The results will be announced at our May meeting after we do the Pumpkin Beer mini-comp.

I was going to add links to all these pumpkin recipes and videos but there is no need....Just Google Pumpkin beer and you'll get the idea.

I've been wanting to brew one of these since returning from the states and never got around to it.

PB :beerbang:

Back