Babb November Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonte

Reaction score
Brisbane Amateur Beer Brewers (BABBs) monthly meeting will be held Thursday November 26, 2009 at Lynndon Bowls Club, Galsworthy Street, Holland Park, Qld. Arrive 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start.

This month is the end of year break up party and Commercial vs. Home brewed blind tasting competition. Members are requested to bring a plate to contribute to the party. The normal chips, nuts, sausage and cheese will be provided so show some imagination!

Visitors are always welcome. Bring along a few tallies to share and compare.

I believe Liam is looking for some :eek:

Cheers

Paul

What happened to the wheat beer mini-comp?.....I'm sure someone mentioned that that was coming up, but we're running out of meetings this year....I've got a couple of bunches of bananas around here somewhere.

PB

Did anyone who were the last people out see a small black canvas esky bag with a couple of plastic bottles and a bottle of Mel's Chilli jam in it? I let it at the club on thursday.

cheers

Browndog

:( to the xmas party being called off.

Was that the one at Albion? I was unable to attend due to running a family member's 21st on that day and getting them rat arsed on Bribie Bitter. Maybe it could be rescheduled as a New years bash or something? Why was it called off?

I thought it was all go on Thursday nite :unsure:

That was the one Bribie.

Perry, because you're a new member you might not be on the email/announcement list yet. Paul shot an email out saying due to low confirmed numbers (11), it's been called off.

well should we meet up somewhere anyway? platform?

stone beers on tap at platform guys, i didn't get any becaus the only day i could get into town the taps were stuffed.

I had the stone beer the other day. It was good, but not great, IMO. I was kind of expecting something like Schlenkerla's steinbier which is quite smokey. The stone is a respectable bock, I guess.

Unfortunately, I can't make the Platform on Saturday.

- Snow

I'm on the wallop elsewhere on Saturday.
Be up for lunch at the German club say 22 or 23rd though.

I'm on the wallop elsewhere on Saturday.
Be up for lunch at the German club say 22 or 23rd though.

There is several of us doing lunch at the German Club on 18th December if anyone wants to come along.

Cheers

Did anyone who were the last people out see a small black canvas esky bag with a couple of plastic bottles and a bottle of Mel's Chilli jam in it? I let it at the club on thursday.

cheers

Browndog

Yes, Paul has it.

Lefty

I was going to start a new thread, but didn't see a reason to. I had a look around the BABB website and noticed that guests are welcome. I wouldn't mind turning up to see what I could learn and ask some questions on things. Next meeting according to the site is on the 28th January. I found the location, I guess my question is do I just turn up with an entry fee and say "g'day"?

Back