B.a.r. Brew Aug/sep

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See you all on Sunday,

I will bring an English Special that tastes really strange, it would be good to get some feedback on why it tastes crap.

Sounds great Herbo and Mesa.

I'll bring a 9l keg of a slapped together APA using the remains of flavour hops from Tony's BA, a couple of bottles of the Wy1007 not-quite-a-kolsch saaz experiment thing, a few litres of an esb or possibly an older rish red to draw through a hand pump....oh and the stout to swap.

I don't think that will be enough. :lol:

Those entering in Vicbrew have until midday tomorrow to get your entries in. I was the only person to drop my entries off at Ballarat homebrew last year, hopefully there will be more than that this year!

See you all sunday

Those entering in Vicbrew have until midday tomorrow to get your entries in. I was the only person to drop my entries off at Ballarat homebrew last year, hopefully there will be more than that this year!

See you all sunday

I've just tasted a couple of 2 week old brews of mine. They are still pretty flat but I'll stick them in anyway. 5 beers in total from me (just scrounged from what I have, the best of which is now already a few weeks past its prime) so I hope the feedback gives me something interesting to read... Given the entry cost this may be my first and last comp entry until I can afford to buy/upgrade system issues that I already know cause me problems/faults in my beers.

Anyways...

edit: turns out my APA is actually technically a very low IBU AIPA according to the guidelines. I'll stick it in APA though, I reckon the AIPA section will be packed with head exploding bitterness.

dropped mine off today. were a coulple of other entries there - didn't recognise the names.

One entry had a QR code on it, not sure if that's part of compmaster but it appealed to my inner techno-geek!

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it tommorrow. Curses!!
I've been trying to juggle things around, but it's not looking good.

And I was hoping to show off my first AG brew too.
(thanks to all the enthusiasm of you blokes that got me interested!!)

Let's hope its not too long till the next meet.

On another matter, do any of you have an opinion as to what type, and where I should look for, a grain mill?
There's obviously sources on the internet, but as they aren't cheap, I wonder if anyone has found a "bargain" recently?

Have fun tommorrow.
Play nicely.

Colonel.

Well, I'm about ready for a beer. Roll on midday.

See you all on Sunday,

I will bring an English Special that tastes really strange, it would be good to get some feedback on why it tastes crap.

I can help you there mate , I've brewed tasted plenty of crappy beers :ph34r:

I can help you there mate , I've brewed plenty of crappy beers

You sneezed while typing that last update - I fixed it for you.

Beastie - bring plenty, I need at least two pints of esb to provide meaningful feedback.

Thanks you very much troops for a tops afternoon. We'll speak again soon.

Thanks Herbo for hosting.... top job.

Yep, cheers Herbo, roast lamb rolls went down a treat,! Great to be part of a keen group of brewers. Looking forward to our next one at Lecterfan's. Stout tasting thread to appear later...

Awesome effort Herbo. :icon_chickcheers:

Thanks for turning up lads, was a great day I reckon.

Clean up was swift so all good there. Thanks to the wife for making the gravy and buttering the rolls. Good tucker.

Mesa, I have your giant drinking glass here if you want it back soon. Let me know. Thanks for the raffle organisation.

Nice way to spend the arvo. Some very nice beers served. :drinks:

Hey lads,

Sorry I couldn't make it today - too much on to make the trip from Hamilton.

I'll be keeping an ear out for the next one to happen....from the sounds of it, it was successful and should happen again!

Looking forward to catching up next time.

Another great day had by all ! :icon_chickcheers:

Thanks Herbo for hosting great tucker, much enjoyed.

Check out B.A.R. Logo give me some feed back

Looks ok to me Vic13. Cant make out what the text is down the bottom tho (puter won't let me enlarge the pic)

edit - MaestroMatt, pencil in the weekend of November 26-27th. Think thats when the next shin dig is happening.

Great day herbo, roast lamb rolls,nut brown on handpump. What can be better than that.
Thanks also to mrs herbo for putting up with a rowdy bunch of brewers.
Will have to brew something pretty decent for November after some of the beers tasted yesterday.
And work through the stout, tough job :drinks:

Thanks for a really great day Herbo, fantastic lamb, and great beer. Look forward to seeing you all at the next meet.

Latest posts

Back