Award winning kit recipes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That book looks awsome, im getting one. Written by the only two famous home brewers whose names i recognise!

A lot of kit brewers post on the Cooper site. Dunno about awards, but I never read far over there.

This one got ranked mid field in the Strong Stouts in the National competitions a few years ago. Didn't win me a medal but it's a well tried and tested headbanger.

23L

2 tins Coopers original series stout
1 kg LDME
1 kg Dex
Just use the kit yeast

small handful of any aroma hops at day 3

about 9% ABV
Consume responsibly and see doctor if pain persists.

Depends on what you want to make.
Off the top of my head, dan dainton's Russian imperial stout, dr smurto's golden ale (kit version) and pretty sure barls did a raspberry lambic or somesuch from a kit.
There will be many more and plenty of extract ones too, including waggastew aipa from memory.

The hops are at 3 stages - 15 min boil, 5 min boil and dry. Yes it will affect the flavour if all added dry.

superstock said:
Too late! Already bought the one in the original link, $23 including P&P aint bad though....

I recently learned about SMASH all-grain beers (single malt and single hop) and that it is a good way to simultaneously make fantastic beers and learn what each ingredient brings to the table. I have decided that I'm going to use the concept with extract.... LDME, one spec grain, one hop.

Apparently Nelson Sauvin is a prime candidate for a single hop brew, 100g in the mail to me!

Cheers, Matt

Back