Australia's Biggest Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Katherine

Reaction score
Being talking about this for awhile was going to be the biggest BIAB brew in one location but due to us all having different techniques, chill or no chill and being comfortable in there own environment etc... seeing a post from FatzG got me thinking.

How about Australia's biggest brew day, we all pick a date, time etc.... would be interesting to see how many litres can be brewed in one day... and that is why Im trying to keep in AG only!

Just putting it out there at the moment any ideas appreciated.

Cheers

Katie

Sweet as dont involve us or anything <_<

:lol:

Far out.... I had that in the thread and all and took it out... thought you were at home enough that you didnt need an invite Rev!

maybe have a webcasts setup at certain places. all on the same day so that even though every one isnt in the same place you can still view whats going on etc? just a suggestion not totally sure how you'd pull it off though

Sign me up Katie! I'm yours as always... :wub:
Some immediate thoughts suggestions?

Now does a double, double batch count for the day?

Photo's have to be compulsory.

And could maybe the site sponsors sponsor the event? Say $1 per litre produced goes to the Make a Wish or something?

Cheers

Chappo

:(
Don't worry, some of us half bred kiwi's born over here will represent for you :lol: .
Sounds like a good reason to have a brew day!

well ill most certainly be in, lol gotta find a way there >>

Sign me up Katie! I'm yours as always... :wub:
Some immediate thoughts suggestions?

Now does a double, double batch count for the day?

Photo's have to be compulsory.

And could maybe the site sponsors sponsor the event? Say $1 per litre produced goes to the Make a Wish or something?

Cheers

Chappo

Double batches perfect...all about the litres... photos for sure!

I had thought of a charity kind of thing but yeah sounds good!

I'll be in Katie....though I wouldnt be specifiying a particular time to start the brews. Anywhere from sparrows fart (for the early risers like me) through to owls fart (for the young uns)? Just set a date, we all register and let you know how many litres we will be brewing and then tally it up. Would be interesting to see how many it is.
Cheers
Steve

Are you arranging t-shirts for the day :ph34r:

:(
Don't worry, some of us half bred kiwi's born over here will represent for you :lol: .

:lol: Surely thatd be a fair percentage of your country these days what with all of us gapping it across the ditch :p

I was just thinking along the similar lines just recently.

A gold coin donation from attendees to go to a worthwhile charity
Webcasting
Team up with brewbuddies - concoct a recipe (to style) and have an Aus wide comp - winners get kredos

A hell of a lot to organise and be like hearding cats, but fun none the less.

Cheers

Depending on the date, I may be able to brew a batch on the 150L system I have on my folks' property. :beerbang:

Otherwise all I could contribute is a single 17L cube :(

:lol: Surely thatd be a fair percentage of your country these days what with all of us gapping it across the ditch :p
well then here is your excuse to come and join in then :p

i think i'd be able to have about 130L if i really made the effort.

Proceeds to Alcoholics Anonymous ? :ph34r:

I was just thinking along the similar lines just recently.

A gold coin donation from attendees to go to a worthwhile charity
Webcasting
Team up with brewbuddies - concoct a recipe (to style) and have an Aus wide comp - winners get kredos

A hell of a lot to organise and be like hearding cats, but fun none the less.

Cheers

yeah kind of wondering what I have got myself into... but really we just need to agree on a date... as Steve said time of day is open. due to time differences etc... Maybe it could go over a whole weekend. It's really just about stats and alot of fun!

Shit I could only do 20 litres, maybe 40 if it was over a weekend...

aussie home brewers weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back