Australian Pale Ale Pitch To Pour 10 Days?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that Ian, if you want to PM me with an address and whatever labelling requirements I'll bottle in PET 750ml I'll post it next week.
Cheers
Michael

Just to clarify all entries are to be lodged with the Chief Steward on Thursday(tommorrow) night as they will be allocated an identification number to ensure anonymity.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks for link. The airlock is now down to a bloop every eight seconds (still at 20.5 degrees) so things are attenuating nicely. As soon as this batch is kegged I'll immediately pitch a good amount of the yeast into a brew made to the recipe in the link, and that should get things nicely nailed down for the upcoming comp as I'll have a choice of two ales plus plenty of kegged drinkables of course :p

Doing a bit of research on Pale / Sparkling I would guess the long fermentation has been a result of the pretty high gravity and maybe a bit of an underpitch originally. sm0902, how long did you culture your starter from, what ingredients and what temp? And then what temp have you been doing the primary at?

BribieG ... original starter was at 18-20, but I wasn't happy that I had enough yeast, so a few days later I added more LDME (boiled and cooled) and more yeast from another bottle of Coopers Sparkling. The second starter kicked off straight away. Two days later I pitched mostly yeast from the starter (decanted most of the LDME off) into 20 litres of wort. I guesstimated 100ml of yeast from the starter going into the wort.

Wort fermented at 20 maximum.

Also, I use mrmalty.com to calculate the amount of yeast slurry I pitch into a wort. Link: Mr Malty Pitching rate calculator

Latest posts

Back