Australian Amateur Brewing Championship

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How the judges judge and how your beer ranks is just how it is.
Great thing about AABC is that your beers have to be judged as good to get through, that is they have already passed.
How does a beer get 120 in the state and 65 in the Nats given a max 7 point discrepancy between judges.
Could be lots of things, most likely it is the judges, one lot knew what they were doing the other did not.
As I often say, if you did well (twice by the way) enjoy the moment !
I have judged in the odd comp and can say from experience that not all judges are equal and over a wide range of styles none are.

K

Congratulations Lyall,Tony,Graeme, Neil and David. Fantastic results and a great effort by all the Qlders. Lyall you must be over the moon, well done.
Thanks to the organizers, Judges and Stewards.
Congrats to all other place getters too.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, and Michael been after it after 3rd the last 2 years, couldn't believe it on the night will be a hard act to follow. Graeme Stark and I were down there had a really great weekend drank heaps of beer and congratulations to you also on winning the Bitter,

Cheers Lyall

Thanks Andrew, and Michael been after it after 3rd the last 2 years, couldn't believe it on the night will be a hard act to follow. Graeme Stark and I were down there had a really great weekend drank heaps of beer and congratulations to you also on winning the Bitter,

Cheers Lyall

Lyall, 1'st post but member for several years. And what a first post ..

Lyall is hereby awarded the gold medal for most successful ever lurker in the history of AHB :lol:

Got mine yesterday. Now I now how I scored so badly. It appears I submitted the wrong beer and with a small infection. Damn! Buggered that up right royally.

got mine last night, it appeared to have oxidization, so I opened my last grolsch bottle of it at home and yep the seals don't look that good.

got mine last night, it appeared to have oxidization, so I opened my last grolsch bottle of it at home and yep the seals don't look that good.

BTW, ive got your trophy. I'll give it to you at the next club meeting. It looks good on my bar with the rest of my places :icon_cheers:

Has anyone received their comments yet?
Cheers, John.

Received y`day, big spreads, one beer being the whole 7,Interesting reading nonetheless.

edit, biggups to everyone involved :super:

Got mine and it had some really good, reasonably consistant feedback which I think should help me brew an even better beer.

Cheers all for the hard work!

the nuumber of Matts that are buying in the latest grain bulk buy is insane, Its like every Matt worth a pint is a homebrewer!

thats a matt from mulgrave so I cover it as well :)

My guess is> if its a weizen its Matt from Mongrelbark way, If its an APA its Matt from salubrious Mulgrave :icon_cheers:

it's Matt H, he lives around the corner

:)

My guess is> if its a weizen its Matt from Mongrelbark way, If its an APA its Matt from salubrious Mulgrave :icon_cheers:

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but on receiving my score sheets it was interesting to not that the score for aroma has been dropped by 2 and appearance increased by 2. AFAIK the BJCP are still operating on 12 and 3 points, can anyone shed some light on this?

cheers

Browndog

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but on receiving my score sheets it was interesting to not that the score for aroma has been dropped by 2 and appearance increased by 2. AFAIK the BJCP are still operating on 12 and 3 points, can anyone shed some light on this?

cheers

Browndog

Gordon did mention something about our point allocation on the sheets being slightly different. Yes, the official BJCP is 12 for aroma and 3 for appearance. Which I personally think is better as appearance isn't as important as aroma for me.

But everything being in multiples of 5 makes it a bit simpler I guess.

Latest posts

Back