Australia Imports Barons Beer From America

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benny_bjc

Reaction score
Hello,

Just went to one of my local bottle shops - Celebrations...

and noticed bottles / 6 packs of Barons Black Wattle with a different label.... to my amazement they were imports from America. The label clearly stated the bottles were imported from America (with address and all)!

Why the Hell is Australia importing a locally brewed micro-beer when they can get it delivered fresh from the brewery in Sydney!

I don't know but maybe this is a marketing scam by the bottle shop to try and attract people to buy the beer or maybe there was a temporary shortage!?
Either way its very odd and kind of sad that we have to ship beer all over the world and back so we can drink something that is no longer fresh, costs more and has a much larger carbon footprint.

Beer007.

I really don't rate Barons beers. Something about their malt I just don't like. I've tried at least 4 different types.

I dont mind the pale ale for $40 a carton, its an easy drinker

I really dig the pale ale for some reason. Once I managed to taste the sauvin hops I fell in love :p
Quite liked the black wattle too.

I agree that this situation is more likely excess export stock? Or someone got it horribly wrong when they ordered it? :p

I really don't rate Barons beers. Something about their malt I just don't like. I've tried at least 4 different types.

I'm not a huge fan of there range.... although I do think the black wattle is a great beer as well as a good concept.

I have only ever tried the pale on tap and have always thought that the hops seem to be subdued... its almost like you know they are there but they have been dulled down!

The black wattle is a great concept but they don't use enough wattle seed! In fact I don't think you can make it out at all, which is a shame.

Hello,

Just went to one of my local bottle shops - Celebrations...

and noticed bottles / 6 packs of Barons Black Wattle with a different label.... to my amazement they were imports from America. The label clearly stated the bottles were imported from America (with address and all)!

Why the Hell is Australia importing a locally brewed micro-beer when they can get it delivered fresh from the brewery in Sydney!

I don't know but maybe this is a marketing scam by the bottle shop to try and attract people to buy the beer or maybe there was a temporary shortage!?
Either way its very odd and kind of sad that we have to ship beer all over the world and back so we can drink something that is no longer fresh, costs more and has a much larger carbon footprint.

Beer007.

I was under the impression that Barons was brewed at Australian Independent Brewers like most other beer "marketing" companies in Australia that get their beer made on a contract basis .This might be some stuff Barons are importing or exporting and they are exporting their beer to the US now .

http://www.a-i-b.com.au/products.php

Back