Australia: Background info for Forum Owner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except not really pickled to add flavour, just enough acid to keep it from turning. This is how they're prepared in my household ;)

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419213707.904840.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1419213722.640719.jpg

Had some of the best (Yosemite on a cold, crisp winter morning; anchor steam on tap; clam chowder; New England in autumn; genuinely friendly people everywhere; baseball game at Fenway park; New Orleans; a grand Canyon; New York bagel with pastrami etc) and one of the worst (15 hours in security at Detroit airport on arrival; sweet bread) experiences of my life travelling in the US.

Thanks - was wondering if it was as simple as opening a tin. I guess it is!

Ducatiboy stu said:
Throw in a free jar of vegemite as well
Would'nt that kinda be like importing Pride of Ringwood from the states? I guess it's still made here though.

Edit: Oops, just remembered where I was... Oh say can you seeee...

Thanks but no need to mail me anything. I love beets and tins of beets are readily available here. I had an Aussie burger at a restaurant once and it came with the beet slice. Was a very good burger.

Can get vegemite here too but I don't really want to spend that much for a tiny taste. The 100ml jars run about $15 here.

Ducatiboy stu said:
We could post you a tin. Throw in a free jar of vegemite as well
I can't find it locally. Makes me sad.

I thought the yanks didn't allow Vegemite because they have some ruling against the folate content. Or the fact it has added folate, can't remember.

I'll probably be in Texas around May, could always bring you a jar, Austin. I'm used to carrying that sort of stuff for friends around the world.

Just dropped off a packet of Tim Tams at Dallas Fortworth International last July, and am just about to bring some vegemite and strepsil lemon and honey to Germany in a few days time.

I admit to my unstrain disorder and will accept punishment so long as it doesn't involve consumption of dead yeast spread or the prohibition of tim tams.

WHAT!!! Vegemite is amazing, on toast with avocado and a poached egg, just on toast, stirred through a beef and barley soup, with grilled tasty cheese, I could go on. It's more than just a spread.
Now to think of a way to work it into dinner...

Or about Bunnings staff in general? I feel guilty every time I interrupt their conversations to ask where something is. The look of disdain I get makes me wish there was a Masters near me.

Bridges said:
WHAT!!! Vegemite is amazing, on toast with avocado and a poached egg, just on toast, stirred through a beef and barley soup, with grilled tasty cheese, I could go on. It's more than just a spread.
Now to think of a way to work it into dinner...
Your not hard core until you can sit down and eat a spoon full of it on its own....

Except Vegemite & OP Frigate rum with a dash of boiling water to soften it all up....in a 7oz....in the main bar....at 10:00am.....on a Sunday....and your about 70yr old....that is a big ask....

True story, from sometime around 1993-94 when I worked in Goulburn, during winter, and staying at the Imperial Hotel upstairs....

Latest posts

Back