Australia: Background info for Forum Owner

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend Ben had a Japanese student staying with him. Ben went to bed, got up the next morning and the Japanese guy looked terrible. He said he had too much ice cream. Ben knew there wasn't that much ice cream in the freezer so asked the student what he meant. He said, "Oooohhh, chocolate sauce very funny." Turned out he had put most of a 380g jar of Vegemite on the ice cream thinking it was chocolate sauce. And eaten the whole bowl anyway.

TheWiggman said:
I thought the yanks didn't allow Vegemite because they have some ruling against the folate content. Or the fact it has added folate, can't remember.

It's a rumor. We do allow it. We have not confiscated it from Aussies packing it with them.

Florian said:
I'll probably be in Texas around May, could always bring you a jar, Austin. I'm used to carrying that sort of stuff for friends around the world.

Just dropped off a packet of Tim Tams at Dallas Fortworth International last July, and am just about to bring some vegemite and strepsil lemon and honey to Germany in a few days time.
Awesome! Let me know.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Your not hard core until you can sit down and eat a spoon full of it on its own....

Except Vegemite & OP Frigate rum with a dash of boiling water to soften it all up....in a 7oz....in the main bar....at 10:00am.....on a Sunday....and your about 70yr old....that is a big ask....

True story, from sometime around 1993-94 when I worked in Goulburn, during winter, and staying at the Imperial Hotel upstairs....
I will do this and shoot video to share with you guys if I get it. It spent brewers yeast, have a pretty good idea what I'm getting into, but I hope I'm wrong and find it revolting.

Mardoo said:
My friend Ben had a Japanese student staying with him. Ben went to bed, got up the next morning and the Japanese guy looked terrible. He said he had too much ice cream. Ben knew there wasn't that much ice cream in the freezer so asked the student what he meant. He said, "Oooohhh, chocolate sauce very funny." Turned out he had put most of a 380g jar of Vegemite on the ice cream thinking it was chocolate sauce. And eaten the whole bowl anyway.
I bet that was a gassy day.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Your not hard core until you can sit down and eat a spoon full of it on its own....

Except Vegemite & OP Frigate rum with a dash of boiling water to soften it all up....in a 7oz....in the main bar....at 10:00am.....on a Sunday....and your about 70yr old....that is a big ask....

True story, from sometime around 1993-94 when I worked in Goulburn, during winter, and staying at the Imperial Hotel upstairs....
I've heard of old diggers doing this with Bonox, but never vegemite...
Might have to give it a go

sp0rk said:
I've heard of old diggers doing this with Bonox, but never vegemite...
Might have to give it a go
Doesnt matter what you use...it still smells and tastes bloody horrible

Back