auckland pubs & breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time01

Reaction score
im heading over to Auckland next march for a wedding and hoping to spend a week over there, from a quick search hallertau and galbraiths look good, any more that I should check out? wheres the best place to buy takeaways?

Totally recommend brothers beer for takeaway or to have a drink. I was last in about 18months ago and they had their 1st batch in fermenters - cool inner city location.

The Brothers crew have opened their second site with brewery and bbq joint right by Mt Eden train station. It doesn't look to be too far from Galbraith's.

Hopscotch has plenty of taps for takeaway and it's across the road from Galbraith's with a short walk down the stairs.

Brothers, 16 Tun, Vulture's and Lumsden Freehouse are the key craft beer pubs to check out. If you're still keen to look at breweries, I can only think of Shakespeare and Sweat Shop that are central. Further out, Deep Creek is on the North Shore and Waiheke Brewery on the island.

Thanks for the tips, couple of those places look great. Can you get decent craft beer from the supermarket?

Sure can get plenty of craft beer in the supermarkets . Have a look around . They are always well stocked and you should find a few from the Nelson Area. Im heading over to Nelson at Xmas time and cant wait .. You will be spoilt for Craft Beer compared to here. Enjoy...

The replies above list good on licence options. On getting hold of beers to take home, the major supermarkets do sort of ok with a modest range.

If you want a good range, seasonal brews or to fill your own growler you're better off going to Victoria park new world, liquor land Newmarket or hopscotch.

Latest posts

Back