Asus 16 Vw161d Lcd Monitor $98 @ The Good Guys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And prob. get it for $88.
Anyone looking to change up from crt couldn`t go wrong for the price.

stagga.

That monitor would be a downgrade from my Samsung 950P+. My old CRT has a few more good years left in it :)

A bit of a deviation (hyjack) ,, so will an LCD monitor take "S" video input from a set top box or dvd ??? or only LCD TV...

Thinking of getting a screen for my daughter , want her too be able too hook up the laptop or her docking station/dvd ... is this posiable .... this thred came along at the right time as I'll probly go too kans on saturday morn ...

I'll be the bone head asking stupid questions in jb hi /hardly normal...

cheers

A bit of a deviation (hyjack) ,, so will an LCD monitor take "S" video input from a set top box or dvd ??? or only LCD TV...

Thinking of getting a screen for my daughter , want her too be able too hook up the laptop or her docking station/dvd ... is this posiable .... this thred came along at the right time as I'll probly go too kans on saturday morn ...

I'll be the bone head asking stupid questions in jb hi /hardly normal...

cheers

my Samsung 24" is full HD, takes VGA, DVI and HDMI with an adaptor. To go S-Video, you can just grab a cheap converter (around 50 bucks)

what you need is called a VGA Box.

Thanks Quantocks,,,, With your help and a bit more googleing I think I know what I'm after ... Will get on down too kans today , so I've got the weekend too brew again ...

cheers

bought one of these babies the other day from Castle Hill. They had a pallet load of them.
Only an inch larger than our lappy screen, and on the coffee table (temp position) its a bit on the small side, but for $98 it's a great space saver compared to the old crt.

Did you hit them up for the" pay less, pay cash" price?

stagga.

Did you hit them up for the" pay less, pay cash" price?

stagga.
Ah yeah... $95... I guess I'm not much of a bargainer. :(
Took it back today. It was rooted. The salesman said "cos you've thrown out the box we will have to charge you 10% to send it back to ASUS!!!"
I suggested taking the replacement screen out of the box and they can have that.... sorted.
Still that is a joke.

p.s. I usually keep boxes for a week or two for these types of probs but whatever.

Not a bad screen but it's just something to tide us over.

Dunno much about the Asus brand, I`ve always had LG monitors and been happy with them, just lucky I spose.
BUT the LG dvd/vcr player was declared unfixable a couple of months out of warranty, just unlucky I spose.
Hope I get a better run with the new tv. {NEC} :huh:

stagga.

Back