As if I needed another reason to not buy C.U.B. products.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
If we didn't have share holders we wouldn't have industry.
Yes we would. It would be different, probably utterly so and not necessarily better but we would have production of goods and services because that's driven by social need, not shareholders.

manticle said:
Yes we would. It would be different, probably utterly so and not necessarily better but we would have production of goods and services because that's driven by social need, not shareholders.
So that would take care of 2% of the work force.

So that would take care of 2% of the work force.
Yeah, the other 98% would be out of work??? Just enlighten me with the maths and reasoning behind this statement, and how Manticles sensible easy to follow argument above which makes lots of sense led you to this conclusion.
Seriously. I'm totally fucken mystified how if there were no shareholders overnight we'd arrive at 2% employment.

Dave70 said:
Well now, one of my blokes gets all that, plus a ute, plus fuel and over double the award. Not to mention the half a dozen or so daily smoke breaks, then theres the days when he asks to leave early, or takes two half days this week off. As well as the regular as clockwork Monday / Friday sikies. Despite this, he's taken to pissing and moaning lately about basically everything and decided things like a simple stock take are beneath him, as evidenced by the fact he frizbeed the clip board to the other guy this morning accompanied by '**** that shit, you do it'. In a small workshop, that kind of attitude is toxic.
We do I send my Resume' to....

Goods and services, is hardly a driving force in any economy, and where would the money come to pay for it? No businesses, no taxes to draw from, where are we going to borrow money from? No one investing, the country would come to a standstill, no union petticoats to hide behind then, there would be no one working so no union.
With out capital input there is no industry.

Goods and services, is hardly a driving force in any economy, and where would the money come to pay for it? No businesses, no taxes to draw from, where are we going to borrow money from? No one investing, the country would come to a standstill, no union petticoats to hide behind then, there would be no one working so no union.
With out capital input there is no industry.
Mankind did Ok for 50,000 years before Capitalism..... Thats actaully fact

I can see your a Money man WEAL......you seem to think that unless there is money, economy, business the world would fall over...

Yeah you're right weal I'll bow to your superior world view, none of us needs clothes, food, shelter, healthcare, transport, fuel, all those industries would simply have to stop.

We can't just print money, money has to come from investment, without investment there would be no money to earn. We could have all the resources under the sun but without the investors it would stay in the ground, investors must receive a reasonable amount of return off their investment, if for instance you had a million dollars to spare, the bank will give you 5% or invest in a company where you would receive only 4% you would leave it in the bank.
Capitalism started a long time ago, more than likely on the land when landowners who would have got the land by unscrupulous means needed people to work the land and that is where it began,

Bridges said:
Yeah you're right weal I'll bow to your superior world view, none of us needs clothes, food, shelter, healthcare, transport, fuel, all those industries would simply have to stop.
As I said where will the money come from, you tell me.

Money has become the mechanic for modern civilisation. Those points against WEAL are in contrast to your existence. Healthcare, technology. Products under trade which uses money. Money is a tool, a system. The game isn't that hard to play.

Capitalism....meh. Trade and a virtual object to manage resources and people. Good.

Step back from the edge a bit

Bridges said:
... none of us needs clothes, food, shelter...
This is starting to sound like the 2016 Xmas Case Swap at Cocko's!

Money....Please tell me why money is so important to your world view

I know plenty of people who have not as much money as you and are perfectly happy...

I dont know about you, but I tend to batter a bit....the bonus is it doesnt cost me any money to do it

Stu it isn't about people who have little money, its what happens when there is 'no money' we have only got to look at Latin America on the verge of financial collapse Venezuela in particular, this is what happens when the money has no worth.
zorsoc is right money IS the mechanic of civilization, if we want to see true Capitalism, then we don't have to look any further than China, see what pension schemes and medical cover the ordinary man on the street gets there.

Stu it isn't about people who have little money,
Actually, it is....

But your a bit to elitist to worry about those that have no money

We can't just print money, money has to come from investment, without investment there would be no money to earn. We could have all the resources under the sun but without the investors it would stay in the ground, investors must receive a reasonable amount of return off their investment, if for instance you had a million dollars to spare, the bank will give you 5% or invest in a company where you would receive only 4% you would leave it in the bank.
Capitalism started a long time ago, more than likely on the land when landowners who would have got the land by unscrupulous means needed people to work the land and that is where it began,
Sure you can. Just ask anybody from the Weimar Republic what a knees up hyperinflation was for them back in good old 1923.

Back