As if I needed another reason to not buy C.U.B. products.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wide eyed and legless said:
If we didn't have share holders we wouldn't have industry.
And you wont have an industry if the share holders keep screwing everyone

Peoples got to work so people can eat, if the unions keep screwing industry the industry will go elsewhere.
I believe Nike has left China for Vietnam even the Chinese had priced themselves out of a job.

Yeah they priced themselves out of a job a whole handful of rice was just too much to pay half a handful is so much better for everyone involved isn't it.

It is for those who wear Nike, they can still buy their goods for a highly inflated price making a nice profit for shareholders.

nike_justdoit_00.jpg

How is it good for people who wear nike gear?

It is only good for the shareholders.

If the share holders didn't get a return on their investment they would sell up their interests and go elsewhere, leaving Nike to close down its operation so its a win for the Nike fans and a win for the Vietnamese workers.

Peoples got to work so people can eat, if the unions keep screwing industry the industry will go elsewhere.
Well, in your next salary negotiation, Dont ask for holiday or sick pay. Dont ask for a 36hr week. Dont ask for a safe job site. Dont ask for any amenities. Dont ask for an award wage

Just let your employer screw you into the ground.

..anyway... I have to get the kids organised to get back down the coal mine. ..... they keep complaining about the long hours and getting paid nothing...ungrateful little shits

Ducatiboy stu said:
..anyway... I have to get the kids organised to get back down the coal mine. ..... they keep complaining about the long hours and getting paid nothing...ungrateful little shits
I was wondering why I couldn't find a job in the mines, your young fellas took all the jobs!

sp0rk said:
I was wondering why I couldn't find a job in the mines, your young fellas took all the jobs!
Thats it. Gota keep big business rich ...cant let those corporations get away with paying decent wages and entitlements....it just would be right, just or fair.

Brownsworthy said:
Well I'm glad you support the exploitation of the unfortunate.
That's life

Can't believe you haven't got your kids into training to be a Train Driver stu short hours big salary, they could support half of Grafton on that money

Brownsworthy said:
I'd get several quotes first and I wouldn't necessarily go with the cheapest. Of course price plays a part but I would go with who turns up when they say they will, presents well, has good communication skills etc.

By the way SBOB you play a great devils advocate like my dad use to say you need to look at both sides even if you don't agree it's always best to argue both to get the best outcome.
Thanks
And I do agree what CUB have done is a d*ck move, but stories like this are rarely reported on impartially

And who cares how much profit they made, unless you know their operating costs it could equate to a 1% margin.

That's life

Can't believe you haven't got your kids into training to be a Train Driver stu short hours big salary, they could support half of Grafton on that money
I cant believe your not a train driver....

Anyway...I cant take them out of the mine pit....wouldnt be fair on the pit owner

No footloose and fancy-free at the moment. :D
You must have exploited someone or some company to get to that point....

We cant have self made people walking around......

Ducatiboy stu said:
Well, in your next salary negotiation, Dont ask for holiday or sick pay. Dont ask for a 36hr week. Dont ask for a safe job site. Dont ask for any amenities. Dont ask for an award wage

Just let your employer screw you into the ground.

Well now, one of my blokes gets all that, plus a ute, plus fuel and over double the award. Not to mention the half a dozen or so daily smoke breaks, then theres the days when he asks to leave early, or takes two half days this week off. As well as the regular as clockwork Monday / Friday sikies. Despite this, he's taken to pissing and moaning lately about basically everything and decided things like a simple stock take are beneath him, as evidenced by the fact he frizbeed the clip board to the other guy this morning accompanied by '**** that shit, you do it'. In a small workshop, that kind of attitude is toxic.

I'd say the the proportion of exploitation and general cuntisim is pretty evenly matched between employers and employees, at least in anything but a third world sweat shop.
Or an Apple / HP electronics contractor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

Killer Brew said:
Fairly sure the average white collar isn't earning +$150k p.a. but yeah, hey, **** everyone who isn't wearing King Gee and down in the ditches. No need to get hysterical ;)
I'M NOT YELLING!

Seriously, $150k p.a? Not sure where you got those figures from but to be making that they'd likely be on penalty rates due to working shift work and for that I reckon they're entitled to it.
Please don't try to make me out to have a problem with anyone who doesn't work a trade. I love my white collar mates and their soft, warm hands.
Tradesman aren't the only ones to fight for better pay and conditions. Nurses now get recognised for their hard work and pretty sure teachers took a stand some years back. It's the squeaky wheel that gets the oil.

These CUB contractors would of taken company workers' jobs off them a while back. Now there's a bunch of 457's breathing down their neck. That fuckin Howard government has a lot to answer for in my opinion. There's a generation or 2 who just accept the shit the tories dish out to us. We used to look after each other and now it's becoming the law of the jungle. " I GOT MINE! ".

Back