Are There Less Ag Brewers In Nsw

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerdrinkingbob

milk is for babies......
Reaction score
Hi,

Was looking in the bulk buy forum and noticed that the bulk buy replies for NSW were 75% (rain man moment) less than QLD and VIC, is there less brewers or are we bigger tight arses <_<

no theres a fair few of us floating around, just not many buys going on

Wonder what the figures are, and how to measure them ? There were 400+ entries in the NSW comp, what about other states?

Obviously this inst a representation of total brewers in NSW, Im sure the figure is 10 times that.

Ive been out of the game for the last couple of years, with a newish job, that curtails my drinking....But holidays coming up and I'll be on it quite hard..brewing that is...

Being part of one of the clubs may put you in touch with bulk buys....we have a grain buy once or twice a year..think Hogan put one up a little while back..not sure..

Wonder what the figures are, and how to measure them ? There were 400+ entries in the NSW comp, what about other states?

Obviously this inst a representation of total brewers in NSW, Im sure the figure is 10 times that.

Note sure maybe somebody would have the numbers, just thought it was strange, didn't really make sense in my head!!

either that or we buy in small amounts :D

Hi,

Was looking in the bulk buy forum and noticed that the bulk buy replies for NSW were 75% (rain man moment) less than QLD and VIC, is there less brewers or are we bigger tight arses <_<

if you look at the grain bulk buy, the nsw one was for 36 bags, all done and dusted within about a week,

the vic one was for 117 bags, seems to have dragged on for weeks

i think the time that the vic one was open for allowed more participants

looks like there were a few that wanted to be in on the nsw one but missed out,

i hear your train of thought though ........

I have heard there is a group that buys direct from the farmers. Apparently one of the guys has a mini malting operation in his garage.

Not sure how true this is, it's 2nd hand information.

Latest posts

Back