Are Low Carb Beers Just A Fad ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamt

Too busy (lazy) to brew.
Reaction score
I guess this is rather off-topic for a retail thread... but shouldn't Tony Ferguson be advocating light beers or no beer, rather than low-carb? Surely he must know the calorific content of alcohol greatly outweighs the carb energy...

i wonder if you can replace one of his replacement shakes for a beer... ?

Wasn't there a news article yesterday that the difference in carb content for a std beer vs low carb beer was approximately 1/2 a jelly bean worth??

As mentioned by Adamt, low or no alcohol beer is a much more effective option if weight is an issue.

:icon_cheers: SJ

I read in the paper the other day.... low carb beer is really a fas... They say if you have a low carb beer plus four water crackers its equivalent to a normal beer. It's amazing how many people fall for advertisment considering Pure Blonde is one of the fasted growing sold beers.

S J you beat me...

:lol: It's like the Pope accepting contraception?

I give cash for comments if your interested? :ph34r:

Girl at work went on to the Tony Ferguson diet, she used to be a bit tubby but now she's like a beached whale, poor kid. I went on a similar diet via Herbalife which is a similar meal replacement shakes diet and developed crippling gout. At first I blamed the gout on my brewing and was even thinking of giving it away :eek: . However I ran out of herbalife shakes and within a week I was perfectly ok again. Apparently the high protein soy shakes were upping my uric acid levels even more than the beer.

Armstrong: not having a huge go at you or trying to be insulting but where did you get that avatar from? It looks suspiciously like those annoying avatars you get on girlie chat forums - you know the sort of thing: annoying_avatar_1.JPGcould we have a mug of ale or even a possum :lol: please.

Bribie what are you doing on the girlie chat rooms...???? mmmmm

Ive started the Kate Morgan thing today... The shake is bloody horrible, soup is okay... Im having head spins... The hardest thing for me is to think life with out beer. but it has to be done.

:angry: FFS Really? Sorry. Armstrong, I don't know your product/company for all I know it's the best kit running around the entire universe but the whole "Low Carb" thing is a w#nk. I have doubts if in fact Tony Ferguson has ever tasted a homebrew beer let alone brewed one for himself. I would suggest sacking your PR/AD company and find a new one who knows how to write endorsements that are more believiable.

...even a possum :lol: please.

Never mention the possum again <_<

Unfortunately going on a shake diet or any diet for that matter will land you long term weight loss. I don't think having low carb beer will help you either. Beer is Beer, it's not meant to be good for you! It's like trying to market Chocolate or Pork Pies as being a dietary supplement.

"It's got half the calories so you can have twice as much!"

:angry: I have doubts if in fact Tony Ferguson has ever tasted a homebrew beer let alone brewed one for himself. I would suggest sacking your PR/AD company and find a new one who knows how to write endorsements that are more believiable.
agree with this...

These low-carb beers are a crock I rekon... just drink water if you want to be that healthy...

Its like having a Diet Coke and eating a mars bar...

Bribie what are you doing on the girlie chat rooms...???? mmmmm

Ive started the Kate Morgan thing today... The shake is bloody horrible, soup is okay... Im having head spins... The hardest thing for me is to think life with out beer. but it has to be done.

:icon_offtopic: If it's any consolation Katie I got rid of a few kilos and I ate chocolate and drank beer almost every day, I also did a lot of walking/running.

Good luck with the low carb beer Armstrong. :icon_cheers:

I reckon its here to stay, swill drinkers will be forever asking for pure blonde type beers, here in SA its hahn super dry.
Hahn superdry is reasonably well made, way better than tooheys extra dry which comes out of the same brewery.

Anyway I would say no to it being a fad, at very least its gunna be a long lasting fad, like maybe a whole generation.

Especially given the article in yesterdays paper exposing "low carb" for what it is...

Low carb beer is second only in marketing scams to bottled water.

I wonder if Mr Fergusons comments are endorsed by the Dieticians Association of Australia, as they were the ones that found that low carb beers are a crock...

just read some of the other posts above and have to say its nothing to do with the health part why these beers will stay and sell a lot. blokes drink this beer because they like it, most couldn't give a shit about the low carb bit, proberly never even gave it a thought.
Its just a new beer that tastes even more like nothing than the one before they used to drink.

Latest posts

Back