Apple/pineapple Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdougall

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am going to make a Black Rock cider and add 2 litres of pineapple juice to try and make it a little more meaty. Has anybody tried Pineapple Juice in cider? Does it produce the desired effect?

Cheers

Andrew

Hi all,

I am going to make a Black Rock cider and add 2 litres of pineapple juice to try and make it a little more meaty. Has anybody tried Pineapple Juice in cider? Does it produce the desired effect?

Cheers

Andrew

Hey Doogs,

Can't hurt can it? I make a few ciders and enjoy champagne yeast. It's real dry but great in this weather. It's only a couple of bucks at your local HBS and will take any excess sweetness away.

InCider.

Hey mate.

I've tried using pineapple juice with oztops and it tasted pretty nice from memory when it was slightly sweet. I'd recommend getting a few 5L jars and trying different ratios of pineapple and apple, along with different yeast(eg champagne or ale). That's if you can be bothered :p

Doog's
Just be real careful with anything this mad ******* tells ya, last time his were drinking his cider we ended up in Agnes Waters with a sheep.
Jay

Hey Doogs,

Can't hurt can it? I make a few ciders and enjoy champagne yeast. It's real dry but great in this weather. It's only a couple of bucks at your local HBS and will take any excess sweetness away.

InCider.

Doog's
Just be real careful with anything this mad ******* tells ya, last time his were drinking his cider we ended up in Agnes Waters with a sheep.
Jay

And there were pictures of the goats from Rosewood... :rolleyes: :p

For yeast I prefer Nottingham to the cider kit yeast, but champagne as first choice.

Hey Doogs,

InCider.

Thanks mate, I did not know the yeast gives it the dry taste

Hey mate.

I've tried using pineapple juice with oztops and it tasted pretty nice from memory when it was slightly sweet. I'd recommend getting a few 5L jars and trying different ratios of pineapple and apple, along with different yeast(eg champagne or ale). That's if you can be bothered :p

Thanks for that, I will see if I can find some jars

Latest posts

Back