Apple Cider

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yono

Reaction score
I brewed an brigalow apple cider on the 18th of feb it had stopped bubbling.
I put what it said on the can yeast and all that.
if it's stopped bubbling and now that it's 21st march.
It should be ready now.
With all this warm weather in victoria.
It should be ok to bottle and I am putting it in stubbie bottles all cleaned and brought caps for bottles and carb drops.

When can I drink it after bottling it.
And does it have the alco in it now.
Or after the bottling and drops are added.
What should it read.
:huh:

I brewed an brigalow apple cider on the 18th of feb it had stopped bubbling.
I put what it said on the can yeast and all that.
if it's stopped bubbling and now that it's 21st march.
It should be ready now.
With all this warm weather in victoria.
It should be ok to bottle and I am putting it in stubbie bottles all cleaned and brought caps for bottles and carb drops.

When can I drink it after bottling it.
And does it have the alco in it now.
Or after the bottling and drops are added.
What should it read.
:huh:

Ive never made a kit cider, just used apple/pear juice. What did you put in your kit? What's your SG? How long has it been at that SG? You really need to know at least some of these things before you know whether its safe to bottle.

Cider does take a long time to ferment. The one I did took more than 6 weeks to stop doing its thing, so dont be too keen to bottle - it could be disastrous.

If it's fermented out, it will be alcoholic now, and should have an SG under 1010 (hard to say though without knowing what you put in the fermenter). If you are ready to bottle, it will take a while for it to be ready to drink - longer than beer anyway. My experience has been that it takes 2 months in the bottle to be 'ready' and will really benefit a lot if you wait for 3-4 months.

Hope it helps :)

From 15 minutes ago in AHB chat:

<yono> good morning all happy easter.
<yono> I am going to bottle my apple cider today.
<kevnlis> morning yono
<kevnlis> happy easter to you too
<yono> was wondering does it have the alco in it now or after you bottle it with the sugar drops.
<yono> I have had in in my kit from 18th feb.
<yono> how long do I wait after putting the drops in the stubbie bottle and bottling it before I drink it.
<yono> kevnlis can answer me please or someone there thanks
<kevnlis> sorry, I come and go a bit
<kevnlis> what was the recipe?
<yono> I did a brigalow apple cider.
<yono> brewed from 18th feb and going to bottle today.
<kevnlis> what did you add to it?
<yono> just what it says on the can
<kevnlis> sugar, yeast, water?
<yono> yes all that, was wondering does it have the alco in it now or after you bottle it with the sugar carb drops.
<kevnlis> it has the alcohol now
<kevnlis> give it a week then try one from the bottle
<kevnlis> I like to age my ciders for a few months
<kevnlis> helps a lot
<yono> well its over a month old now as did it on 18th of feb
<kevnlis> yeah, try it after a week in the bottle and see if it needs more time
<yono> had a few stubbies of barefoot a new beer has lime and lemon in it could I make a pale ale and put a few lemon and limes in it and sqeeks the juice myself would that be ok.c
<yono> so just make a few bottles up to taste so I put the carb drop in a try and wait a week it would be ok .
<kevnlis> I have tried things like this, it comes out as a nice beer, but not like putting it in after the beer is finished
<kevnlis> it is always my advice to save the lemon/lime/orange or whatever it is people want to ferment and put it into the finish product
<kevnlis> is the cider still on the yeast cake?
<kevnlis> I would at least rack it off the yeast cake if you do not bottle it all
<kevnlis> I have to go now for a bit
<kevnlis> back soon
<yono> ok nice to chat to you thanks
|<-- yono has left slack.az.us.irsee.org (Quit: Beer Fueled Chat [http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/])

I don't believe you Kevnlis :p

Latest posts

Back