Appin Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean? Is it not at Rydges anymore?

Kabooby :)

its there but its darker, less hoppy and tastes like a watered down version of Tooheys Old...

I have been meaning to drop in and try the beers again. Now I have another excuse

spewing the wheat has gone aswell..

the lager is ok I suppose.. Not a fan of lagers in general though...

and the JS Amber isnt on tap either anymore.. only Heiniken and Hahn Superdry...

Sadly, I think its gone to far downhill now...

Your not making me want to go anymore :p

I wouldnt go back for a beer...

I wouldnt go back for a beer...

Im starting to sense that this is the norm for alot of newer micros.....Start out with Hired help from a functioning brewery to get it going, train someone from in-house(whos nowhere near pasionate about it), and then change all the beers around and go bust...then they may consider someone local who is passionate about it??

Either that or they're getting 'left-overs' from 5 islands again?? ;)

Im starting to sense that this is the norm for alot of newer micros.....Start out with Hired help from a functioning brewery to get it going, train someone from in-house(whos nowhere near pasionate about it), and then change all the beers around and go bust...then they may consider someone local who is passionate about it??

Linz, i dropped in to the 5IBC after being lucky enough to watch scotty and andrew in action at the brewery. I heard so many good things about the beers on tap now, i had to break my feb fast and go and see. I was driving, so i only had one pint of pigdog pils. I didn't like the original that much, but jesus, the stuff on tap now is fuggen fantastic!!, i could have stayed there for days :D .

I reckon we (the M.A.L.E.S) should put in a bid to take over brewing duties Linz. It makes me cry every time I walk past Rydges and see all that shiny gear doing nothing.
I really can't see them brewing there for too much longer, if they are brewing on site at all these days. I'll have to ask Allan next time I see him.
The place is empty every time I walk past.

I reckon we (the M.A.L.E.S) should put in a bid to take over brewing duties Linz. It makes me cry every time I walk past Rydges and see all that shiny gear doing nothing.
I really can't see them brewing there for too much longer, if they are brewing on site at all these days. I'll have to ask Allan next time I see him.

If it wasn't for the "fish-bowl" feeling I'd enquire if we could "borrow" the equipment and make a decent APA, stout or even a Kaboobys Belgian. ;)
Then again..., we might scare the living crap out of the regular customers and drive business elsewhere :lol:

ushki dushki

matti

Then again..., we might scare the living crap out of the regular customers and drive business elsewhere :lol:

ushki dushki

matti

Looking at yours and MCT's avatar..that wont be hard to do if you turn up looking like that !! :D :D

Looking at yours and MCT's avatar..that wont be hard to do if you turn up looking like that !! :D :D

Based on his avatar, they would let Kabooby in but only to the pokies parlour :p

Hell that would be good , we could send our brew guru down there in his leathers and the Red Vespa , mind you he is becoming more reclusive than Howard Hughes , would BeerSmith have enough decimal points to do a big brew ?

Pumpy :D

Nah no leftovers from the FIBC up there ... all their beer.

Scotty

Nah no leftovers from the FIBC up there ... all their beer.

Scotty

Glad you cleared that up Scotty, sounds like you would not want your name on that beer

Nah not yet. I'll post back here when I get down there. I have to admit I am interested to see what the beers are like now.

I dropped in after work yesterday and tried the Fisher's Ghost Lager. Very hazy with a strong phenolic character that seemed really of place. More like a sparkling ale than a lager, so i'm guessing they're experiencing some issues.

It's a lovely looking brewery though.

cheers

grant

Latest posts

Back