Anzac

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighanno

Reaction score
As we enjoy a beer today, lets reflect on the ANZAC's.
"You are never forgotten"
:beer:

Yeah,
without them we may be homebrewing Saki :blink:

Normell

I'll be having a home brew or two later on today & probably play '2UP' with the kids as well.
Lest We Forget
15BL :beer:

Getting the kids all rallyed up now to bake a batch of Beer Snaps
Now which beer do I use ?
Here is to the ANZAC's.

Doc

Lest We Forget

Cheers to all Diggers past & present

I got up at 4:30am (thanks to bub) had brekkie and kicked off a brew, was just getting ready to sparge as the sun rose. Have named this original brew ANZAC Ale and will think of all those servicemen and women who never made it home every time I have a drop.

cheers

Browndog

Cheers Diggers,

Here's to all the past and present courageous men fighting for our freedom and doing the job that must be done. I salute you men, your courage and determination is something to aspire to in my life as I live a life of freedom that you have fought hard to protect.

Lest we forget AHB.

JS

Go Bombers!

Lest we forget

and spare a thought for this battler....

NZ Herald

Soldier dies as Last Post rings out over dawn service

25.04.06 8.30am - Update

The Last Post rang over a sodden Auckland Domain today as medics worked feverishly to save the life of a fallen old soldier at the city's dawn service.

The man was a platoon commander with the company of old soldiers as they marched onto the parade ground in front of the Auckland Museum and War Memorial at 5.30am.

He was about to give an order for the old soldiers to halt and turn to face the cenotaph when he tripped and fell face forward onto the concrete.

He lay unmoving as police and medics rushed to help.

As the dawn service continued medics worked feverishly to save his life, giving him heart massage and resuscitation.

During the service the lights were turned out as a mark of respect to fallen soldiers from all wars, prompting a call from the people working on the fallen man to turn them back on .

Ambulance staff later confirmed he had died soon after he fell.

We live in the greatest country in the world and its all thanks to people who fought for us.

I couldnt be doing what I am doing now without them - drinking beer and watching football.

Lest we forget.

Not wanting to get on my soap box, but our PM once said no one works harder for this country than a politician, somehow he hasn't remembered what our POWs went through, stuff that defies human kind!

On Anzac Day I remember my dad and my mum and uncles who served during WWII, and great uncles WWI, my brother and mates who served in Vietnam.

I raise a glass to them and all the diggers and thank them - because I can.

raise my glass high and proud for the diggers.
cheers

I raise my glass to freedom of speech. Long may it last.

cheers
Darren

edit: speech even

6.00am at dawn service came home and sat down and did sod all for a while, beautiful day, sat out in the sun.
11.00am 8 mates from our old Sqdn roll up for a BBQ, reminisced on our time in Vietnam and what a pack of mongrels the RSL are.
Bastards put a massive dent in my old ale and I am in diabolical trouble as I will probably run out before the next batch is ready (do I resort to buying VB :eek: ).
I probably had a couple more than I should and suffering a little thismorning, I know some of them had a lot more and I know they will be suffering.
Will probably hear about it later today.
My FIL was in Galipolli and was one of the few who came back, died of shrapnel wounds in 1967 or thereabouts, never met him but he was 64 when my wife was born, bred them tough then.
Still have a passionate hate for the RSL the way we were treated in the 60's but I go to the service as a mark of respect for those who served, not the club.

Piste said:
6.00am at dawn service came home and sat down and did sod all for a while, beautiful day, sat out in the sun.
11.00am 8 mates from our old Sqdn roll up for a BBQ, reminisced on our time in Vietnam and what a pack of mongrels the RSL are.
Bastards put a massive dent in my old ale and I am in diabolical trouble as I will probably run out before the next batch is ready (do I resort to buying VB :eek: ).
I probably had a couple more than I should and suffering a little thismorning, I know some of them had a lot more and I know they will be suffering.
Will probably hear about it later today.
My FIL was in Galipolli and was one of the few who came back, died of shrapnel wounds in 1967 or thereabouts, never met him but he was 64 when my wife was born, bred them tough then.
Still have a passionate hate for the RSL the way we were treated in the 60's but I go to the service as a mark of respect for those who served, not the club.
[post="122621"][/post]​

DITTO to all that ;) a man after my own heart [and same era] and also had a few [too many] with guys I served with and some I didn't.
Good on Ya mate. :beer:

Spelling.

Latest posts

Back