Anything around Hornsby?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
I'll be staying near Hornsby for a few days, any craft beer ventured that far North as yet?

I used to live in normanhurst (nearby), if you're up for something unique you could check out 'happy goblin' which may well be Australia's most micro micro. I never got around to doing it, but you can apparently call into the brewery and get a 2 or 5 ltr growler of their fresh beer.

Might check that out... I also read that the Hornsby RSL has a range of boutique and craft beers on tap. Who knows they may also have a grab a granny night :)

I drove pat the Blue Gum at Waitara (part of the infamous Hornsby Triangle) and they had a banner out the front proudly proclaiming a huge range if craft beers now on tap. As an old Hornsby local, this probably means Squires, Fat Yak and Thooeys Old.

According to their Website It's as ideal spot to relax with a glass of wine. Not looking too promising. Near station might pop in.

Best craft beer in Hornsby is to be found in my backyard...

Not exactly craft beer central. As someone pointed out, in Hornsby, craft beer usually means squires or old.

Fat ******* said:
I drove pat the Blue Gum at Waitara (part of the infamous Hornsby Triangle) and they had a banner out the front proudly proclaiming a huge range if craft beers now on tap. As an old Hornsby local, this probably means Squires, Fat Yak and Thooeys Old.
As a young bloke I used to see all the Sydney pub bands at the Blue Gum every Friday night...... those were the days.

cheers

Browndog

Last time I was in there it was all pokies. I think its a "sports bar" now. All blaring TVs. No live music any more. Sad.

Fat ******* said:
Sitting there now with beerbuddy sinking a Vale IPA then a 3 Sheets. They Have 4 pines Kolsch, a couple of Endeavour Growers, plus 3 or 4 more that I can't spot from here.

RSL turned out to be Squires and Cooper but the Hop Thief was good.

Wow this Vale is nice.

What's a whole lot better than it was last time I was there. Might almost be worth going back.

Yeah i stop past Blue Gum a bit, there's a set of taps just for craft beer now, the paddle with 5 200ml glasses is not bad, log fire, plus good food.

Photo is a bit reflective as the flyer is in a glassed frame. Didn't get round to the paddle as I was driving and could only have a couple. They keep and serve the brews well. Recommend.

paddle of knowledge.jpg

Back