Anyone recognise this bottle?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex N Oz

Reaction score
I've purchased this NT Drought bottle from an antique store for just a few dollars because it's very unique (to me at least) and in super good shape.
No wear, no tear and the label is perfect.
I know it's a CUB bottle but was wondering how old it was, etc..

IMG_0452.JPG

The legendary Darwin Stubbie
There have been lots if versions over the years the oldest one I have seen was labelled VB and had the volume in fluid ounces.
Mark

Thanks for the input guys. I wanted to use this bottle to put some home brew in for meetings but didn't want to if it were something more rare. I didn't believe it was as it was only a few dollars at the antique store and the guy thought it was from the mid 80's to the mid 90's but wasn't real sure. I've found a few on gumtree and other places for between $20 and $50 with the later full of beer and with a box. I'm not any sort of collector but it is a nice bottle.

Tropico said:
Underneath the base of the 2.25 litre bottle, and around the lower part of the smaller one, it reads "This bottle remains the property of Carlton & United Breweries Ltd"
Yeah but it's MINE NOW!!!
:kooi: <--------- Me with my BIG FAT STUBBY!!

Tropico said:
Underneath the base of the 2.25 litre bottle, and around the lower part of the smaller one, it reads "This bottle remains the property of Carlton & United Breweries Ltd"
Prolly end up in a thread derailment but screw the " this bottle ... Etc" jeez a bloke buys a beer and doesn't own the bottle ?
Yeah I know,it's not for commercial refilling but .........

spog said:
Prolly end up in a thread derailment but screw the " this bottle ... Etc" jeez a bloke buys a beer and doesn't own the bottle ?
Yeah I know,it's not for commercial refilling but .........
Yeah, I don't see anybody coming around with the SWAT team to recapture control of my awesome beer bottle from a defunct line of beer.
But if they do... They's gonna be trouble at the Ponderosa!! I HUGE Mexican stand-off with me sportin a FAT STUBBY and a fast hammer!!
"One step closer and the stubby GETS IT!!!!"
I'll be front page news with pictures of a broken stubby and me cuffed and stuffed into a cop car. Mum always said I was a bad seed.

Back