Anyone Out Here?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayzi

Reaction score
Hi All,
just getting back into brewing after a few years off. Really wanting to get away from cans and into AG brewing but I've never seen it done, and its a hell of a lot easier to get it when you can see it being done. That being said is there anyone out my way, Tullibigeal NSW, Near Lake Cargelligo, Condobolin etc? Other wise anyone on the Central Coast let me know if I can book in to have a look as the in laws live up that way.

Have just about finished buidling my bar and setting up my bar room. I slabbed the top of the bar with a mate of mine. Its a 9ft x 2.5ft slab of redgum which is about 4 inches thick, must weigh near on 100kg in itself. The frame was made up from 1inch gal pipe from a fence and we whacked some old corrugated iron on the front and sides, all in all its turned out bloody well and all I need is to slam a font through the middle of it and start kegging some all grain brews. The only problem now is getting the ok from the other half to spend the dollars on the keg setup!

Oh well one step at a time.

Was going to put on some photo's of my pride and joy (bar not the wife) but can't find the cable. Oh well next time.

Hi All,
just getting back into brewing after a few years off. Really wanting to get away from cans and into AG brewing but I've never seen it done, and its a hell of a lot easier to get it when you can see it being done. That being said is there anyone out my way, Tullibigeal NSW, Near Lake Cargelligo, Condobolin etc? Other wise anyone on the Central Coast let me know if I can book in to have a look as the in laws live up that way.

Have just about finished buidling my bar and setting up my bar room. I slabbed the top of the bar with a mate of mine. Its a 9ft x 2.5ft slab of redgum which is about 4 inches thick, must weigh near on 100kg in itself. The frame was made up from 1inch gal pipe from a fence and we whacked some old corrugated iron on the front and sides, all in all its turned out bloody well and all I need is to slam a font through the middle of it and start kegging some all grain brews. The only problem now is getting the ok from the other half to spend the dollars on the keg setup!

Oh well one step at a time.

Was going to put on some photo's of my pride and joy (bar not the wife) but can't find the cable. Oh well next time.

Welcome to the forum.

NEED PICTURES of the bar!

If you happen to be in the Canberra area at some stage, feel free to drop in for a look-see.

Fester.

Welcome to the forum.

NEED PICTURES of the bar!

If you happen to be in the Canberra area at some stage, feel free to drop in for a look-see.
Fester.

As requested. Hopefully they turn out ok.
197 is just a look through the door into the bar room
199 is the bar, as good a photo as I could get, don't kink your neck
200 is a look back the other way inc the back wall, the laptop on the end is setup as a juke box (speakers in back wall)

underneath there are a couple of large shelves, glass racks, room for the bar fridge which is 'on loan' to someone, so I probably need to get my hands on another one. I also plan to put a modified chest freezer or large barfridge in to hold kegs and with any luck a couple of litres of glycol (see how I go with the money monster when it's time to buy a font - then again when isn't it time to buy a font?)

Enjoy, I do.

PICT0197.JPG

PICT0199.JPG

PICT0200.JPG

Best bar i have ever seen. PERIOD>

Seriously thats farkin amazing. Full stock of spirits too....but for the love of god replace that sierra crap tequila with a bottle of Jose Cuervo. :)

G'day Maysi,
Nice to make your acquaintance. I too have just returned to brewing after a SWMBO enforced 12 year ban. Setting my 12th brew (on return) today. I'm still K&K until I get more room,then I'll give AG a shot.

There are many threads on this forum with plenty of information for you so read and enjoy.

I'd like to keg as well, but the outlay of at least $500 would be suicide for me. SWMBO would twitch me up to the fence & knock my nuts out. :lol:

Really nice setup so far old mate. Beware "The Boss".

GET RID OF THAT BL**DY RED FLAG IN THE CORNER!! Make the place look untidy. :lol: :lol:

Jose Cuervo
Don't you mean Sauza? :p
You've got Galliano as well. Add some Pineapple and orange juice and crank out the Mexican Yellowbirds - delicious!

I've never seen a home bar so tidy! Well done. :beer:

G'day Maysi,
Nice to make your acquaintance. I too have just returned to brewing after a SWMBO enforced 12 year ban. Setting my 12th brew (on return) today. I'm still K&K until I get more room,then I'll give AG a shot.

There are many threads on this forum with plenty of information for you so read and enjoy.

I'd like to keg as well, but the outlay of at least $500 would be suicide for me. SWMBO would twitch me up to the fence & knock my nuts out. :lol:

Really nice setup so far old mate. Beware "The Boss".

GET RID OF THAT BL**DY RED FLAG IN THE CORNER!! Make the place look untidy. :lol: :lol:

Yes I know how you feel abou the outlay and more to the point the red flag! it belongs to the other half and is a small price to pay for having a room dedicated to this!

I've never seen a home bar so tidy! Well done.
Bl**dy Holden luvver. :p :lol: ;)

".......it belongs to the other half and is a small price to pay for having a room dedicated to this!"
That's what I like to hear. :lol:

Best bar i have ever seen. PERIOD>

Seriously thats farkin amazing. Full stock of spirits too....but for the love of god replace that sierra crap tequila with a bottle of Jose Cuervo. :)

Thanks Fents,
yeah it took some planning, I used to work in a few pubs and pretty much new what I wanted, its the working side of the bar that I love the best though, pretty much have everything laid out as I want. I'll throw in another couple of pics. I have a rope light set up along most of the frame work underneath ($8 for 10m at reject shop after chrissy!) This means that there is no shadows under the bar.

hmm only managed to get one pic on, its shows the slide out work space I had to put in for my other half as she was complaining that the 1200 high bar top was to high for her to mix drinks on. Also a drawer on the far side.

I've got plenty more plans for the bar including and under bench fridge and a sink at the back, I've got another 6ft x 2 ft slab just waiting for it, but unfortunately I don't have the room, time to move house me thinks.

As far as the Sierra goes, yeah i know, but when your have to stock a bar on a budget thats been reigned in.........

PICT0203.JPG

You've really done a nice job ol' mate.

I couldn't resist this one though. <_<

I.B.

PICT0199.JPG

Yeah thats a touch better. Thanks mate. I might even use that on my profile.
Cheers

The Devil finds things for idle hands to do....... :lol:

I'll have to go and put a brew down me thinks..... :lol:

Your profile? Nah.... Put your melon up so we can see ya.

I.B.

Latest posts

Back