Anyone Know Of Any Good Oktoberfest In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kingy

Reaction score
Maryland, Newcastle,New South Wales, Australia, Ea
Looking to entertain myself and some fellow drinkers during oktoberfest somewhere in sydney (as i doubt therez anything up here) and looking for a good place to do it, anyone been to a good spot in previous years or know of a good adventure for us to go on from the mountains.

cheers,kingy

Cant go past the lowenbrau for a great selection of beers

Link

Kabooby :)

I think someone went to the Hubertus Country Club at Luddenham last year. And it's mildly local from Winmalee. I was contemplating it myself this year. not sure if I'll get the chance though.

Lowenbrau is great, but can get expensive. If you are looking for an Oktoberfest festival, there normally is one at Fairfield each year. Never been but have driven by while it has been on during the past couple of years. Always seems to have big crowds. Watch the cops breath testing everyone leaving just by the front gate though.

there is the Concordia club across the road from Tempe station and they usually have a festival....but small, only 2 tents outside the club

cheers guys a few options there go with. The lowenbrau would be allright except everytime we get in the city by train just for a beer sampling day we end up coming home blind minus a few people we have lost, and all the guys with partners (including me) end up sleeping in the doghouse for the next week, duff where abouts in fairfield is the festival.

cheers,kingy

p.s we'll still probably come home blind from a festival as well :D

Cheers guys we had all intentions of going to oktoberfest in fairfield but after having a good yarn we thought wed be better off doing a pub crawl in the city.
As im not a city regular i dont have much of an idea as of yet but these are on my high priority list
This is what were doing on sunday im still to sit down and work out a travell path/route were going to take
Im not sure of these places As we have never been to any but im sure there within walkin distance.

Equilibrium
Lowenbrau
The australian
and The Red oak

any other suggestions? They need to be around that area as so we get get there easy,

cheers :beer:

Cheers guys we had all intentions of going to oktoberfest in fairfield but after having a good yarn we thought wed be better off doing a pub crawl in the city.
As im not a city regular i dont have much of an idea as of yet but these are on my high priority list
This is what were doing on sunday im still to sit down and work out a travell path/route were going to take
Im not sure of these places As we have never been to any but im sure there within walkin distance.

Equilibrium
Lowenbrau
The australian
and The Red oak

any other suggestions? They need to be around that area as so we get get there easy,

cheers :beer:

The lord nelson you'll have to at least drop in for one while your doing the rounds.

EDIT: heres a link to a thread I had planning my sydney trip and has links to a download for docs pub crawl map etc and some reviews and antics.

The Macquarie hotel is about 2 mins walk from the Equilibrium.

Link

ok this is what we have planned for tommorow
start
1. Macquarie hotel
2.equilibrium
3.james squire brewhouse
4.Lunch in darling harbour
5.Red oak
6.The australian
7. Lord nelson
8. Lowenbrau

Are we able to buy beers at all these places without buying food?
Do u think we should do the course in reverse? And forgetting The Macuarie.
As we have to get a train home to the mountains to watch the footy unless we gut stuck at an awesome pub?

Cheers,kingy

ok this is what we have planned for tommorow
start
1. Macquarie hotel
2.equilibrium
3.james squire brewhouse
4.Lunch in darling harbour
5.Red oak
6.The australian
7. Lord nelson
8. Lowenbrau

Are we able to buy beers at all these places without buying food? yes
Do u think we should do the course in reverse? And forgetting The Macuarie. No
As we have to get a train home to the mountains to watch the footy unless we gut stuck at an awesome pub? IS this where I put in a maniacal laugh??

Cheers,kingy

Cant go past the lowenbrau for a great selection of beers

Link

Reinhard Wurtzthe restaurant manager is a mate of mine he really looks after you

Pumpy

job001.jpg

The James Squire @ King Street wharf will whack you with a hefty 15% surcharge for drinking there on a weekend. Unfortunately this is not something that is used to cover penalty rates for the staff :angry:
The Pumphouse has St.Peter's Blonde & Killagh Stout as well as the Thunderbolt on tap. Great value
Cheers
Gerard

Is it me or does the pic of Reinhart look like Doc without his glasses??

Back