Anyone here rooted their GALAXY 4S?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
I have gone from iPhone to Galaxy, purely from boredom and screen size.

Apparently, you can root a galaxy - same as jail breaking an iphone, and the benefits are exponential?

Users?

just get a girlfriend Cocko, the benefits ARE exponenetial

edit

Cocko, Android is so customisable with standard apps, there is no need to root it unless you are a die hard geek freak.

Haven't done so myself but did go out of my way to get a phone with stock Android. Definitely do it (if you can get good instructions). That TouchWiz bullshit is all bullshitty.

Ok, thanks lads...

Might find my feet a little more before I root it.

But if I do root it, is it the same as jailbreaking an iPhone? You go to X app, being cydia or similar and doing 'tweaks' and what not?

Same concept, yeah.

Tuppence for the birds.

Yeah, I've always dreamed of having an iPhone the size of a notepad.

Oh well. *sigh*

Damn the media.... and its enticing influence...

I am now a android soldier and must march within a narrow track...

I will root it tho and all will be rad.

Sent via iPad ™

You'd be pissed if you bought one. In fact you prob be the only one

Drop it in a bucket of water. Sure to root it.

Cocko said:
Can I iPhone theme it?

That would be totes cool... having a giant iPhone.
Miui is a rom that's modelled on iOS, only miles better
I'm running it on my Galaxy S2 only because I'm too lazy to change to another rom

punkin said:
Drop it in a bucket of water. Sure to root it.
Jumped in a pool to save a drowning child (not mine, mine can swim), with my Galaxy S2 in my pocket.

Still working fine 15 months later.

Edit, forgot to add: True story.

Thats why I never get a car with remote locking, having taken my old falcon remote for a swim in my boardshorts twice.
Not tempted to do that with my Galaxy Note, though.

Haven't rooted an s4 yet but rooted s1,s2 and currently on rooted s3. Look on xda developers web site and follow the procedure for your model. Its not hard and only a major fk up will brick your phone. S4's are the easiest.

Bribie G said:
Thats why I never get a car with remote locking, having taken my old falcon remote for a swim in my boardshorts twice.
Not tempted to do that with my Galaxy Note, though.
Ya kno, you can still use the key after frying the remote. The old fashioned way.

That's what I had to do, when we got the Mazda I specified manual locking only :D

Latest posts

Back