Anyone have a recipe for mountain goat rye? Please.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pilchard

Reaction score
One of the mates brought me one of these over last week and I just can't stop thinking about it, it was bloody good. We drank a fief boutiques and a few home brews while sitting around the fire. This was the stand out for the day so wanted to try something similar or the same so to speak. It says 20% rye and is reddish in colour if that helps at all.

I had a quick look at grain and grape and they have rye but not sure where to go from there, I would not have thought it was the dark rye. I'm pretty new to AG so need a fair bit of help with grains. I have no idea on hops either but could treat it like the house ale with cascade and chinook or go Amarillo just because I love it.

Cheers guys.

Were you talking about the IPA Rye? From their website -
"Rye IPA has just come off the bottling line as our latest Rare Breed release. Ale, Crystal and 20% Rye malts, Galaxy and Cascade hops. 6.1%ABV, 55BU’s. "

Most helpful thankyou. I should be able to scale a recipe from there. Would I be looking at light or medium rye?

Sorry, no idea. Try and give them an email. Not sure what their approach to homebrewers is but Dave started out as home brewers so they may have a soft spot.

In my experience they are extremely helpful to homebrewers. Run your suggested recipe past then and they will likely help you tweak it.

Back