Anyone Had A Go At Flooding One Of These

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dj1984

Reaction score
Hi im looking at getting a flooded font and found these on ebay...... link do you Do you think i could just run a glycol line up into the font in a loop and come back.
Im not too fussed about the ice just to keep the beer cool while in the font

EDIT:link my bad :D

Correct me if im wrong but that isnt a flooded font.

KHB

Correct me if im wrong but that isnt a flooded font.

KHB

I think you will find he is asking the question, "can I run my own glycol line to flood this. Has any one tried"

Personally I think it would be a PITA.

BYB

If this is going to be mounted on to a chest freezer just use a computer fan to blow cold air into it.

Yes it can and very easy!
This is how I did mine

I coiled a length of 8mm PVC tubing inside the tower and ran it into a Decore container with a small fishpond pump in it.

Total cost about $30.
Pump $19
Tubing $8
Dacore container $12

I made my own so called "Glycol" with just plain water and lots of salt(to stop it freezing) with a dash of green food colour.

It works very well, the coil inside has ice constantly on it.
and the outside of the tower is constantly wet with condensation.
My bar sits on my back patio and the photos were taken on quite a hot day.

Hope This Helps!!
Cheers

P1010197.JPG

P1010199.JPG

ohh nice this is what i will probably do cheers for the pics and info

Yes it can and very easy!

Very nice work mate!

I can see a modification to make if work more efficiently. (it may be over-kill) If you were to get some high-density foam (like aero-flex used for split sys A/C lines, but thinner), like 4 or 5mm thick, roll it into a tube shape and place it between the glycol lines and the font tube, it will have less heat loss and keep the beer lines cooler.

Carb

did you end doing this dj1984?
that font and taps in the link looks a little cheap and nasty, how is it? I'am looking at getting the ones craftbrewer are selling which although twice as much look much better, more like the one redneck has there.

there must be a few brewers with these now whats the verdict people?

Latest posts

Back