Any One Tries Barons Pale Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know if the ones in the shops now are the BUL ones still or from the new brewery?

well mine didnt tast to malty seemed like there was plenty of hop flavour (not that I know what to look for yet) didnt have a great deal of aroma though I was drinking it from the bottle. I like it and will defenetly buy it again.

not sure who brews it bum just says brewed by barons brewing pty LTD level 1, 1 moncur st woollahara NSW if that means anything to you

Man, you need to get in to drinking from a glass. Well, you don't - but if you want to asses any element of a beer then doing so out of a glass really is the only way. Try a beer poured in to a glass next to one in a bottle. Totally different taste!

Hey All,

I first tried Barons Pale ale on tap at a pub in Sydney City, and thought it was a really good drop and kept going back. Over the Christmas break I picked up a 6 pack to down after mowing the lawn, and I couldn't finish it. It tasted like someone forgot to put the hops in, just a sweet malt flavour. tried it again a couple of days later, same thing. Ended up tipping the rest out. The best before date on the bottle still had a good few months left so I think it was fairly fresh, but it obviously had a very hard trip to the bottlo.

PJ
I've found this too.
Barons PA off tap is quite a quaffable drop (as is the lager), something i'd be happy to drink many of if a better micro is not available...which is rare to be honest!
But the bottled form seems a bit heavy going and unbalanced, definate lack of bitterness. And this is not the first beer i've found this with...i'm looking at you Redoak!

I enjoy barons Pale Ale, but if i am spending a little extra a buy fat yak pale ale, give coopers' a go

Does anyone know if the ones in the shops now are the BUL ones still or from the new brewery?

when i was in bottle o' spotted the Barons PA had new brown cardboard packaging for the case different from the old white boxes. Not sure if the six packs were the same or not, but figured that may be a sign of the new brewery? clean slate that sort of thing...

PS: for My2C ESB is the better of the Barons stable, with honorable mention to the native ones.. Also worth checking out is the other Barons owned brand Snowy Mountain Brewery, the SMB razorback red is a good drop but not for this time of year...

I've picked up a carton of Barons PA every now and then when I need a change from LC PA - or when I just need to spend a little less. The price seems to fluctuate, I've picked it up as cheap as $45 a carton but yesterday it was back to $60. For that price I'm more inclined to pick up some James Squire's for $50.

I don't mind the Barons PA but I like the Black Wattle Original Ale much better.

I just bought the Barons Lemon Myrtle wit 6pack.

Not why they call this a wit. it was far from it.
I have no idea what lemon myrtle is, but i don't think i like it.
I almost bought a carton, but glad i didn't.

Barons ESB is good... good roasty/malt backbone, not as much yeast character as I would of expected.

Barons PA I found to be fairly plain, no aroma to speak of and very low bitterness for me. Subtle malt character.

Latest posts

Back