Any New Party Keg Innovations?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeaselEstateBrewery

Reaction score
Hi - i am looking at buying / making a new party keg. I have trolled e-bay and seen a few "how-to make party kegs" articles on here and other places which are quite old; I am wondering though if there are any new innovations that anyone has come up with? Or any commercially available that aren't close to $200 brand new.....

Do you already have a party keg 9litre or 18litre? because if you do all you really need is a second regulator, soda stream gas bottle and soda stream adaptor. Also a beer gun or bronco tap. Then just find a suitable container (i use an old plastic bin if its the 18L or a smaller plastic bin if its the 9L) put the keg in, fill it with ice and your away.

Theres some nice setups that have been done on here - the wheelie bin one comes to mind, have a search for it.

Do you already have a party keg 9litre or 18litre?

Hi - I have a couple of corny's. I was at a party on the weekend where they had a 12 litre keg in ice, in an esky. Tap on the esky. Would like to emulate this, however I have already stretched my luck with the finance minister :p

There is also a thread on here somewhere that discusses making a portable party system using a 9L pressure sprayer bottle that you can get from the big green shed.

Edit: Here 'tis: Linky

Do you already have a party keg 9litre or 18litre? because if you do all you really need is a second regulator, soda stream gas bottle and soda stream adaptor. Also a beer gun or bronco tap. Then just find a suitable container (i use an old plastic bin if its the 18L or a smaller plastic bin if its the 9L) put the keg in, fill it with ice and your away.

Theres some nice setups that have been done on here - the wheelie bin one comes to mind, have a search for it.

If the keg is already carbed then there's no need for the regulator or adaptor. I pulled apart the sodastream machine keeping the bottle and discharge button all together, then using some tubing and clamps from bunnings connected it to a gas disconnect. When the flow of beer starts to slow, connect the discconnect, give it a short blast of gas and then take it off again (otherwise the gas you just put in will leak out). If you want to use it to carb then a regulator and adaptor would be required.

this is relivent to my intersts- putting together a party keg setup myself right now - want to opt for something a bit slicker looking than the old keg in a bin with bronco tap.....

I'm strongly considering a mini-wheelie bin to contain a 19L corny (or two?!), mini-charger, picnic tap, beer-line and lots of ice.

A quick search finds Mr Wheelie Bin: 80L food-grade bins (http://www.mrwheeliebin.com.au/food-grade-bins.html) for $67.50+GST with a minimum of just 5. Looks like it's plenty big for a keg, and just begging for flame decals/paint. A bit of filler/insulation in there and a bag of ice and you've got a full-size keg esky.

80%20Litre%20FG%20Box.jpg

If anyone's keen to split a batch of 5 (from the above, or elsewhere) let me know.

Those miracle boxes look like pretty cool thingamajiggers. Add that to a sodastream dispensing set up and you're in business.

So I've heard. I'm looking for a small one though. I'll have to head there on the weekend I guess.

QB,

Supercheap have these for $40, am sure there is other colours if pink isnt your thing!! I dont think they are tall enough but you could make a nice collar for the top.

Cheers

Robbo

163555_thumb.jpg

Supercheap have these for $40, am sure there is other colours if pink isnt your thing!! I dont think they are tall enough but you could make a nice collar for the top.
SCA website would indicate that pink is it. Certainly doesn't look tall enough, or sturdy enough - casters on the bottom would be a bit flimsy.

Cheers for the suggestion though.

Cool, thanks, some great ideas :icon_chickcheers:

Now to convince the finance dept. that this is an essential item!

Gents

You can get 140 litre bins from Paramount Browns for $59 and 240 litre for $69 and you only need to buy 1. Their website is behind this linky

Cheers
Pedro

You can get 140 litre bins from Paramount Browns for $59 and 240 litre for $69 and you only need to buy 1. Their website is behind this linky
A bit big perhaps for a single corny?

That's a genuine question actually - I haven't tried putting a keg in one of these bins just yet to see how big it would need to be, but my instinct is that the 80L bins are plenty big for a single keg.

QB

I think the 140's are about the right size and easy to move. It all depends how much ice / bottles etc you want to put in there as well.
I haven't seen a 80 litre one so can't really comment on the size of them and how many you will fit in there.

Cheers
Pedro

Nice set up Wally, What is the/was that container before you converted it? Or did you make it from scratch?

Cocko they are a drink cooler...you can buy them from bigw (labelled as jamie Durie cooler) and from Bunnings. They are more expensive at these two places though. I bought mine (that I made into my mash tun) off ebay...can' really remember the price but I know that after delivery it was still cheaper than bigw. I think they are around the $200 mark.

Pok

$143.95 + $19.95 postage here...total $163.90. Linky

Latest posts

Back