any BIAB brewers in Bathurst?

• Thread starter willo69a
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

willo69a

gday all
I have been doing kits with grains which I love and have done a few extract brews which I love even more so I'm about to embark into biab, nearly have all the gear needed so wondering if there is anyone in Bathurst that could let me watch and help in one of their biab brews to watch a few basic techniques. I have read john palmer and just not confident enough to jump into the dark side.
cheers willo

gday all
I have been doing kits with grains which I love and have done a few extract brews which I love even more so I'm about to embark into biab, nearly have all the gear needed so wondering if there is anyone in Bathurst that could let me watch and help in one of their biab brews to watch a few basic techniques. I have read john palmer and just not confident enough to jump into the dark side.
cheers willo
I'm in pretty much the same position. Just finishing off a BIAB build but haven't done one yet. Happy to lend a hand but don't know how much use I'd be.

Jump on youtube guys, plenty of vids that will sort out any concerns you have.
Also check the threads on BIAB, its not a difficult process.
I could help out but probably a little far for you guys.

willo69a said:
gday all
cheers willo
Youtube will give you all you need to know. I learnt how to use my 3 vessel AG system from youtube.

Best bet is to watch a few videos and then make yourself a really thorough list of things that need to happen. It is quite a simple process, and gets much easier the more you do it. Best advice I got for my first AG brew waste not crack your first beer until you start the boil.

JD

I'm in oberon and do all grain brewing if your interested in a brew day. Was just looking for a Bathurst club but to no avail.

Thanks for ur replys fellas. Smoo and bastow I might take ur offers up. Its a shame there is not a club around here.
Cheers willo

Ask Brian at Country Brewer in Russell st, he knows most homebrewers in Bathurst. There is a brewery at Brewongle, Mick Hoban's Fish River Valley Brewing, he is a very friendly chap and may be willing to give advice.

I might be doing a brew this weekend in Orange if you're keen to check it out. 2V HERMS but the fundamentals are the same. It all depends on whether my grain arrives tomorrow.
A bit of a drive, but the option's there.

Hey Guys,

I've done a few BIAB brews and happy with the results.
I have the ingredients for an ESB style beer but havent had the time to make it yet. I'm based at Eglinton and could possibly do one in the next few weeks. I was waiting for a cool change but unsure that will come about!!
It would be interesting to get a small club going - bring in a few brews each and go from there!

Spoke with the Bathurst Show people and there WILL be a homebrew comp in this years show again

I'd be keen in starting a bit of a homebrew club. The only real issue is having to stay under the limit if i want/have to go home. Its a long push bike ride to Oberon from anywhere. But it would be great to catch up with some all grainers. There are some brewers at work but they only K+K and don't seem interested in all grain.

I do know of some brewers in the Blue Mountains. I have seen one guy who lives on the highway brewing in the garage. I nearly turned around but SWIMBO and child were in the car and were not keen on sitting around talking brewing.

Anyway i will follow this thread and maybe we can come up with something.

Cheers Bastow

I'm an hour or so away from Bathurst, but would be interested in the idea of a brew club in the Orange/Bathurst area. I BIAB so have a fairly potable system for brew days etc.

Hi...I just stumbled across this thread...better late tun never. I'm a BIAB brewer based in Bathurst. I'm wondering if anything came out of the discussion about starting a homebrew club in the area?

I'm in Bathurst doing AG 2V. I'd definitely be up for a bit of a brew club if anyone feels like getting together.

Smartaform started to organise one. Not sure what happened, must have fallen off the radar. What do people want in a brew club? To do brews, swap beers or just talk brewing, or all of the above? If anyone else is keen could they reply in this thread and we could see what we can get happening.

I might start up a new thread for the central highlands folks. Preferably based in Orange so I can walk or catch a taxi home :p

Hey guys,

Sorry I did fall off the radar over winter, had to deal with a few things..
Sounds like we've at least 5 people, lets get something sorted!
I like the idea of having a brew day with whoever is interested in kicking it off... but first things first, lets organise a time to meet up.

Latest posts

Back