Anthony Bourdain In Uruguay

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vegetables? Have some relish.
Rhea is a salad.

Yep. Watched it.

And after visiting Uruguay and Argentina a few years ago, I realized Aussies don't know WTF they're doing when it comes to barbecue's ... Their steaks are the size of dinner plates, slice up like butter and taste like pure awesome. You order vege's or salad etc as a side dish to your meats.

My brother and I spent a month in Uruguay with my relatives back in 2002, we ate like kings. Our favourite meat was fatty beef spare ribs, they called Asado. for Breakfast, my Great Aunty cooked us Torta Fritas which is kind of like a big flat doughnut. Great episode, big fan of Bourdain, big fan of Uruguayan food.

Is that the one where he goes to the massive BBQ where they chuck half of a cow up on the BBQ?

/// said:
Is that the one where he goes to the massive BBQ where they chuck half of a cow up on the BBQ?
It's where they hang the whole cow on the a-frame and roast it over coals. He also eats at a restaurant where they dined at a bar watching the open grill full of every tasty cut of meat. It's definately the right way to dine.

Yeah yeah, in Montevedeo - I only have one bucket list item. It is to go there.

Latest posts

Back