Another Sunday is upon us

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled an Irish Bronze Ale. Have to thank a mate who sourced a batch of 500ml stubbies. It certainly speeds up bottling when you are only doing 2 bottles per litre instead of 3.
Bottling finished in record time & kitchen returned to how SWMBO likes it before I get the "death stare" from all the brewing stuff left everywhere. Just have to clean the fermenters.

Time for a quiet dark ale & a check of the V8s & footy scores.

TimT said:
There's a story about the early days of the New Yorker magazine, when Harold Ross (the editor) approached Dorothy Parker in desperation, asking for a new column for the next edition. Parker turned to him, eyes brimming with tears, and bawled out: "My PENCIL broke!"

So yeah. I'm in pretty much the same position. Was going to do a beer today but.... my HYDROMETER broke!

If anyone needs me my face will be pretty much buried in this handkerchief for the next few hours...
I also broke my hydrometer this morning. The glass went SMASH.

And my workplace was also broken into this morning, with the full eightfoot by eightfoot glass door being smashed in by a brick. Glassy glassy smash smash Sunday, it seems.

Fixing the ******* car in the rain plus side MO citra smash should be carbed will be testing one very shortly

A quick run down to Burleigh Heads to pick up another couple of small additions to my brewing gear kit....a 3 ring burner and a crankenstein grain mill, the pair of 'em for the right price. Home for a couple beers from recent case swap, put a batch of bolognese sauce on (merrily simmering away right now), bottle up a batch o' brew, and a couple glasses of red.

We could commemorate the occasion by making a SMASH.

1. Bottled a dark lager, brewed as a 'favour' for a workmate. He seems to think he is doing me a favour..........
2. Kegged a 19L batch of Aussie lager ala Bribie G's award winning recipe
3. Cleaned two fermentors as quickly as I could
4. Brewed a 10L batch of Janet's Brown Ale
5. Brewed a 12L batch of US IPA
6. Sorted my empty bottle stack
7. Blind side-by-side tasting of my Dubbel with Chimay Red

waggastew said:
1. Bottled a dark lager, brewed as a 'favour' for a workmate. He seems to think he is doing me a favour..........
2. Kegged a 19L batch of Aussie lager ala Bribie G's award winning recipe
3. Cleaned two fermentors as quickly as I could
4. Brewed a 10L batch of Janet's Brown Ale
5. Brewed a 12L batch of US IPA
6. Sorted my empty bottle stack
7. Blind side-by-side tasting of my Dubbel with Chimay Red
dude you have one awesome brew shed obviously - i'm lucky to knock out one brew in month

Latest posts

Back