Another Sunday is upon us

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jongylary

Reaction score
Another sunday has arrived, we only get 52 of these a year, sunday for most of us is the best day of the week; where we all gather with our friends (brewing equipment) either planning the next brew, cleaning, laying down a new brew with great hope. Bottling day for some.

Don't forget the best Sunday of our project, enjoying a cold one with your friends waiting and looking at them to see if it is actually a good drop or if you need to go back to the drawing board.

for many of us the search of the best brewed beer will never end as no matter how close we come to perfect we will alway tweak changing small things or taking the plunge and changing the entire recipe looking from another perspective..

the grand question in this whole thing is
WHAT ARE YOU GOING WITH YOUR SUNDAY THIS SUNDAY?

Regards
Jongylary

Drink Well

This

I want to brew today, but I'm waiting on my new thermometers.. I'm sure something brewing related will occur though for most people in the forum, myself included :party:

Going to knock out a double batch of pale ale, mostly Vienna with a touch of Caramunich III, 10 IBUs at 60, 30 IBUs of Chinook in the cubes.

I'm not brewing today. Instead, I'll have a few mates over to help me empty a keg to make room for something else :)

Being windy n rainy I'll have a few pints of a lowly carbonated mild this arvo.

Wish I could brew today but it's not on the cards.. I have Wednesday off work maybe the whole day but if not definitely the afternoon.

Mid week brewing it will be.

Simple apa
90% ale malt
5% wheat
5% crystal

Some combo of Amarillo, cascade and citra. 40 IBU's

Too lazy to brew. Got a piece of lamb roasting in the weber. Might have a beer soon. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1401586304.725248.jpg

Big dent in my upcoming brew plans as I have 60 days to find a new place and get out of our old one. Place I'm in got sold to owner/occupiers yesterday.
**** the rental prices in Melbourne are steep. Not looking forward to the next few weeks. I might be luck y and sneak 2 or 3 more brews in that time - certainly can't afford to buy beer.

Just finished pitching the yeast on yesterdays British Northern Bitter no chill.

Now, playing around with a wild yeast experiment, but the smell of it, I should start researching sour beers :unsure:

been designing a couple of recipes and ordered some spec grains online to brew next weekend.next i will be reloading some ammo to use down the range next weekend as well.

manticle said:
Big dent in my upcoming brew plans as I have 60 days to find a new place and get out of our old one. Place I'm in got sold to owner/occupiers yesterday.
Thats a bit of a rough break man, seems not that long ago you moved into it..

My Sunday? Cleaned a couple of Kegs (Long overdue) Dry hopped a couple of brews, Will possibly pitch a brew if I can be arsed (probably not) Will probably Keg a batch.. so all in all, plenty of beer related activity however no 'actual' brewing but I still have 3 cubes full + the one Im due to ferment so It's not really an issue.

Was going to do the brewing thang today, but since we'll need to move out in the next few weeks (to turn this place into a rental), I've been "purging" stuff that's accumulated over the years. Like Manticle, 'not looking forward to the next few weeks...

Just bottled my Canadian cream ale and doing a double batch of my favourite IPA, I forgot to mention I'm also having a few beers lol..

Like seeing the simple brews some guys r doing. Like everything I have taken the simple brew to extremes, by using one malt, one hop, one hop addition. Some of the best brews I've done follow this schedule

Yob said:
Thats a bit of a rough break man, seems not that long ago you moved into it..
1.5 years or so. Really only felt like a settled home in the last few months.
Worse things can and have happened though.

Latest posts

Back