Quantcast

Another Biab Complete

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
I brewed another Cascade Pale Ale this afternoon with some more great results & everything going to plan.
I aimed for a 23lt batch @1.049 & 80% efficiency. I ended up with 20.5lt into my no chill cube, 2.7lt loss to trub & a temp corrected gravity of 1.050. This gives me 23.2lt @1.050, 82% efficiency. BrewMate is a fantastic programme for BIAB & no chill, simply awesome. Top work Rob & full credit to you for a remarkable piece of software. :beerbang:

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
I brewed another Cascade Pale Ale this afternoon with some more great results & everything going to plan.
I aimed for a 23lt batch @1.049 & 80% efficiency. I ended up with 20.5lt into my no chill cube, 2.7lt loss to trub & a temp corrected gravity of 1.050. This gives me 23.2lt @1.050, 82% efficiency. BrewMate is a fantastic programme for BIAB & no chill, simply awesome. Top work Rob & full credit to you for a remarkable piece of software. :beerbang:
Still not as good as 3V :ph34r:

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
Still not as good as 3V :ph34r:
LOL.
Way better than 3V. :ph34r:
Let the mud slinging begin................................... :lol:

Awesome brew day, too easy. Such a great way to brew, I love it & the results speak for themselves. The beers have been awesome. :beerbang:

Florian

Back On Track
Reaction score
I aimed for a 23lt batch @1.049 & 80% efficiency. I ended up with 20.5lt into my no chill cube, 2.7lt loss to trub & a temp corrected gravity of 1.050. This gives me 23.2lt @1.050, 82% efficiency.
But 2.7L of that you lost to trub...

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
But 2.7L of that you lost to trub...
Yep. I squeeze the shit out of the bag so I could probably shave some off that but I'm not going to.
I got more trub loss with my 3V than I do now so I can live with it.
I see SJW has a vid on you tube with his 20lt Braumeister. He done a 27lt batch & got 22L into his fermenter with 5L of trub loss so I reckon my trub loss is pretty trivial & certainly better than my previous 3V set up. If I added 0.5lt to the 20.5lt @1.050 collected, this brings me to 21lt into the fermenter @1.049 which is what I was aiming for. I'm happy with that.

Barley Belly

Head Brewer - Barley Belly Brewery
Reaction score
LOL.
Way better than 3V. :ph34r:
Let the mud slinging begin................................... :lol:

Awesome brew day, too easy. Such a great way to brew, I love it & the results speak for themselves. The beers have been awesome. :beerbang:
Great to see the switch has been to your liking and you have able to get great results from it. :beerbang:

I hope you don't mind me stalking your progress with it all.

Crusty

The Electric Brewery
Reaction score
Great to see the switch has been to your liking and you have able to get great results from it. :beerbang:

I hope you don't mind me stalking your progress with it all.
Not problem at all BB............................... :party:

sp0rk

Mayor of Pooptown
Reaction score
I might have to take a drive up the road and test it for you Crusty!

Latest posts