Anhc 2010 Who's Going

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was loosely discussed at a recent gathering of brewers in the 'Gong that a road trip from Sydney to Melbourne to attend ANHC be considered. Leaving the weekend before, with possible stops at Canberra, Rutherglen, Beechworth/Bright, Yarra Valley .. to get to Melbourne in time for the judging (Thursday) or a session at Melbourne for us non judges. Nothing plannned, confirmed or even likely to happen, just kicking tyres to see who might be interested / available to go. Anyone with any interest in this journey of enlightenment?

It was loosely discussed at a recent gathering of brewers in the 'Gong that a road trip from Sydney to Melbourne to attend ANHC be considered. Leaving the weekend before, with possible stops at Canberra, Rutherglen, Beechworth/Bright, Yarra Valley .. to get to Melbourne in time for the judging (Thursday) or a session at Melbourne for us non judges. Nothing plannned, confirmed or even likely to happen, just kicking tyres to see who might be interested / available to go. Anyone with any interest in this journey of enlightenment?

I'll be road tripping it down there. Not sure whether the whole week trip beforehand will happen for me. But it certainly sounds tempting.

Staying on for the RL test, Cup Day, ODI vs Sri Lanka and Ladies Day as well.

Ipswich AHB members, Bonj, The Scientist and myself will be jetting down, really looking forward to this.

-Browndog

I'm very tempted. Will depend on work and funds, but will be booking soon if I can get things organised.

Cheers

im not sure if the isb boys will be in for it but ill ask

An ISB contingent / bar sounds good to me - especially as I've been given the green light to attend! :party: :super:

Now, what to brew.....

An ISB contingent / bar sounds good to me - especially as I've been given the green light to attend! :party: :super:

Now, what to brew.....

We'll keep you in the travel plan loop Phil. The road trip is another way of getting kegs to Melbourne. Now we need some Hills Brewers, West Sydney boys and the Northern Beaches blokes to come along too! ESB has already committed and of course the IBUs will be there again. Newcastlers?????? MALEs?????

We'll keep you in the travel plan loop Phil. The road trip is another way of getting kegs to Melbourne. Now we need some Hills Brewers, West Sydney boys and the Northern Beaches blokes to come along too! ESB has already committed and of course the IBUs will be there again. Newcastlers?????? MALEs?????

There will definately be a bunch of WSBers coming down to Melbourne (3 or 4 of us at this stage). We'll also be bringing down a bunch of kegs and gear for club night so some sort of road trip will certainly be in order.

There will definately be a bunch of WSBers coming down to Melbourne (3 or 4 of us at this stage). We'll also be bringing down a bunch of kegs and gear for club night so some sort of road trip will certainly be in order.

Good stuff Paddo. One way or another it sounds like we will need to get a load of kegs, gas bottles and a beer engine or two south, so keep options open. Also, SIGNS .. make one up if you haven't got one to advertise your club.

Ipswich AHB members, Bonj, The Scientist and myself will be jetting down, really looking forward to this.

-Browndog
I'll be going down. Maybe we should look at coordinating flights/ accommodation etc...

Cheers - Snow

Now, what to brew.....
in thinking a small keg of dark braggot. To take with me. Other than that how about something different

im actually talking dad into going down, see some family while we're down there and punish our livers while we're at it.

I'll be going down. Maybe we should look at coordinating flights/ accommodation etc...

Cheers - Snow
I'm looking at flights now....

No idea what time things kick off down there on Thursday Arvo?

Last time the Brewery tour started at 2pm from memory and us Qlders have to contend with losing an hour on the way down at that time of the year. I don't want to miss out on anything.......

Andy??? Any ideas?

I guess I could go down early and test out a few pubs???

PB

.....I'll be the one with a beer in my hand.

The Thursday arvo will kick off from about 4pm for many who are not judging this time around...

We will have the preliminary program out this weekend, so that will give you a feel for the structure.

Cheers!

Andy

The Thursday arvo will kick off from about 4pm for many who are not judging this time around...
We will have the preliminary program out this weekend, so that will give you a feel for the structure.
Cheers!

Andy

My liver is already weeping at the thought! :icon_cheers:

I'll be there with bells on...!!!! can't wait for it

Cheers!

Andy

Thanks Andy,

Can't wait....

PB

Flights and accommodation booked. Bring it on!! :party:

Cheers - Snow.

Back