Anhc 2010 Who's Going

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im not sure if the isb boys will be in for it but ill ask

Reckon I may do, and would hope to fit in a visit to the Goat brewery.

You are not having a ANHC without me there! I probably have to drive (4 hours to Sydney airport and close to 3 hours to Canberra) and anyone wanting to drive down is welcome to come via Tuross Head and collect me! We can then go via Beechworth and the Yarra Valley breweries en route to Melbourne.

Suggestion to those going - plan what type of accomodation you want early. Anyone wanting el cheapo rooms and don't mind sharing look at the Youth Hostel option. There is one close to venue where you can put 4 people in a large eight bed (double bunks) room for a fraction of the cost of a hotel room. Own toilet / shower in room. You spend little time in the room anyway!

You are not having a ANHC without me there! I probably have to drive (4 hours to Sydney airport and close to 3 hours to Canberra) and anyone wanting to drive down is welcome to come via Tuross Head and collect me! We can then go via Beechworth and the Yarra Valley breweries en route to Melbourne.

Suggestion to those going - plan what type of accomodation you want early. Anyone wanting el cheapo rooms and don't mind sharing look at the Youth Hostel option. There is one close to venue where you can put 4 people in a large eight bed (double bunks) room for a fraction of the cost of a hotel room. Own toilet / shower in room. You spend little time in the room anyway!
I like the youth hostel option, Godzilla. Might have to look into that option for the BABBs contingent....

- Snow

Sharing a room with 8 brewers fed on a diet of beer for three straight days, and one toilet?
Man, I thought the room I shared with one other got a little smelly...

I'd want to know in advance if the toilet definitely had an extractor fan :)

Sharing a room with 8 brewers fed on a diet of beer for three straight days, and one toilet?
Man, I thought the room I shared with one other got a little smelly...

I'd want to know in advance if the toilet definitely had an extractor fan :)

That's why I said 4 in a room - sleep on one bed and throw your gear on the other. Last year that worked out fine (or as fine as four drunks in a room can be). For about $30 a night its way cheaper than any hotel (you don't pay for the tv or kitchen area you don't have). And last year I spent bugger all time in the room anyway. It aint perfect, just cheap!

Property Details
196 A'Beckett Street
Melbourne 3000 VIC
(100m from Queen Victoria Market Btwn Queen & William Streets)

Nomads Melbourne offers the best budget accommodation in Melbournes with cheap backpackers beds and value for money hotel style private rooms.

It's flash, it's fun and it's got it all... that's backpacking at Nomads Melbourne. A fresh, new venue in the Melbourne backpacking scene, Nomads Melbourne opened its doors in August 2005 and has set a new standard for backpacking and budget accommodation.

This purpose built property was designed for comfort and style. Taking a different approach with sleek common areas and private and communal bathrooms, Nomads Melbourne redefines backpacker accommodation.

The hostel is located in the centre of Melbourne, backing onto the Queen Victoria Markets, Australia's largest outdoor market. The central city location, gives guests easy access to the sights & attractions of Melbourne. The FREE tourist services, the City Circle Tram & the Tourist Shuttle Bus, stop only a couple of minutes walk away, introducing travellers to the heart of the city.

With facilities such as a state of the art cinema lounge, wireless internet, kitchen, BBQ, two laundries, girls only Princess wing and sun deck Nomads Melbourne offers the backpacker/traveller everything they need from their Melbourne Accommodation.

Industry Bar & Lounge is a stylish & funky place to hang out, a crazy place to party and offers all guests a FREE nightly drink With comfortable leather lounges, video juke box, fox sport showing premier league football, pool table, wireless internet, and rear sun deck there is always good times to be had.

Nomads Melbourne is a secure, comfortable and funky hostel to start your Melbourne Adventure.

Nomads Melbourne is for Backpackers and Travellers on a budget that like to travel in style.
24 hour front desk
Bar / Lounge
BBQ facilities
Cinema lounge
guest laundry and all rooms non-smoking.
Lift/Elevator
Non-smoking floors
Restaurant/s
Tour desk

King Double/Twin Ens

King double/ Twin room includes TV and an ensuite bathroom with fluffy towels.
Rates are for 2 people. The room caters for a maximum of 2 adults, and a maximum of 1 child but cannot exceed 2 guests in total.

Available bedding configurations:

1 King Bed or

2 Single Beds

Cancellation Policy:Minimum 48 Hours (1st night) (details... )
Cancellations or changes to bookings for this room must be made at least 48 hours prior to the check in date and time or you will be charged the full amount of the first changed or cancelled night. Fans
In-room heater
Opening windows
Satellite / Cable
Shower

Family Ensuite

Rates are for 2 people. Maximum occupancy is 4. Extra guests are $15 per person per night. Bedding configuration is 1 double bed and 2 bunk beds. Room includes an ensuite bathroom.
Rates are for 2 people. Extra adults $15.00. Extra children $15.00. The room caters for a maximum of 4 adults, and a maximum of 3 children but cannot exceed 4 guests in total.

The following bedding is provided:

1 double

Cancellations or changes to bookings for this room must be made at least 48 hours prior to the check in date and time or you will be charged the full amount of the first changed or cancelled night. Fans
In-room heater
Opening windows
Shower

4 Share Dormitory

4 Share Dorm - own lockers, heating, opening windows and linen supplied
Rates are for 1 person. Extra adults $30.00. The room caters for a maximum of 4 adults.

1 single or

2 singles or

3 singles or

4 singles

In-room heater
Non-smoking only
Opening windows
Shared bathroom

6-8 Share Dormitory

6-8 Share Dorm - own lockers, heating, opening windows and linen supplied
Rates are for 1 person. Extra adults $28.00. The room caters for a maximum of 8 adults.

1 single or

2 singles or

3 singles or

4 singles
]

Had such a ball last year Im planning on closing the shop for a few days & flying the whole crew down for a well earned break :party:

Cheers Ross

Had such a ball last year Im planning on closing the shop for a few days & flying the whole crew down for a well earned break :party:

Cheers Ross

I can look after the shop for you while you are away Ross. :ph34r: ;) :lol:

Chap Chap

I'll run the store, Chappo can put on the dust mask and do the milling. ;)

I can look after the shop for you while you are away Ross. :ph34r: ;) :lol:

Chap Chap

I'll run the store, Chappo can put on the dust mask and do the milling. ;)
What's the story here fella's, seriously worth the trip to mexico... good times to be had, you should really look into it, talk to the boys that came down last year...

What's the story here fella's, seriously worth the trip to mexico... good times to be had, you should really look into it, talk to the boys that came down last year...

To be honest Maple I want to head down with PaulWolf350. I reckon it'll be a total blast! Like the idea of some club beers for pouring.

Chap Chap

Yeah, I'd love to come, but I am a carer and only get a certain amount of respite every year, which:

I am going to use when I win the BABBs comp and go to California for a fortnight :party: :party: :) :)

Or alternatively, based on Ross's research, when a bunch of us go bulk rates, assuming plane fares and the aus $ hold.

Yeah, I'd love to come, but I am a carer and only get a certain amount of respite every year, which:

I am going to use when I win the BABBs comp and go to California for a fortnight :party: :party: :) :)

hell yeah

Or alternatively, based on Ross's research, when a bunch of us go bulk rates, assuming plane fares and the aus $ hold.
OK, but if the dollar falls, fares remain or rise and you only get 2nd, I'll see ya there!

I'll be going, from all reports last time it was fantastic just gotta talk Jayandcath and Lilo into donning some thermal underwear and making it cross the border ( forget the strawberries and cream this time Jay :p ), Hey Screwy you gonna make the trip mate ?

I believe Uncle Seth and I have a road trip booked in, but it will depend on my employment situation at the time. I don't imagine rocking up for a job interview on the Monday mornin' after ANHC will be such a great idea...

Mate, Melbourne is a beautiful place. And St Kilda is definately a diamond...........................so I'm told.

Might have to look into this there schwaraie.

Jay

I'll be going, from all reports last time it was fantastic just gotta talk Jayandcath and Lilo into donning some thermal underwear and making it cross the border ( forget the strawberries and cream this time Jay :p ), Hey Screwy you gonna make the trip mate ?

My flights are booked, accommodation is booked and a number of rings from S.A will be there. At last count there are seven of us heading over. Look out taphouse!

BYB

Not possible this year Brett, another year.

I raved on so much about the last one that Jay got the shits and doesn't like me anymore.

Screwy

Back